• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suzuki Samurai

Bitchin....Totally bitchin

And it runs awesome. Even installed a wide band for when I tune it.
Most importantly its out of the chevys garage space. Will do small things from here, but now the chevy gets love

That doesn't look like a My-side, who makes that carb adapter?

BTW, very nice looking tin top. Motor looks sweet, it is time for me to either rebuild mine or swap it out.

You can pull the tcase in an xj without help too, it just hurts a bit when you drop it on yourself...

That doesn't look like a My-side, who makes that carb adapter?

BTW, very nice looking tin top. Motor looks sweet, it is time for me to either rebuild mine or swap it out.

Thank you.
It is a my-side without the intake manifold. I didn't opt for Myrons intake manifold as I don't belive it would make a significant amount of difference for the money.

Myron who make the kits is awesome, he has spent time with me on his cell to go over the set up. He referred me to the engine builders in Florida.

Oh, I have plenty of history with NP231's.... I went through a few at one point.

Thank you.
It is a my-side without the intake manifold. I didn't opt for Myrons intake manifold as I don't belive it would make a significant amount of difference for the money.

Myron who make the kits is awesome, he has spent time with me on his cell to go over the set up. He referred me to the engine builders in Florida.

I agree, I put on a My-side on my Sami 5 or 6 years ago and it has been flawless. Mine just looks a little different.

And yes, Myron is great to work with and he has a very interesting installation pamphlet (or did then). He makes a lot of great Sami components.

Mine is an 86 soft top, double tough front axles, 32x9.50s, 6.5 tcase, 4:30s with lock rites in both diffs. I stayed spring under RUF with Deaver springs. It wheels very well even with the 1.3 .

I love seeing these pics! I've always wanted a lifted Sami.

Just curious, what do they get mpg with a small lift and 31s?

Too many variables to guess what mpg it might get. I have never checked mine but I get less than my brother in his Tracker on 31s and his 1.6 with efî.

Nice. Thats a really cool samurai. We should wheel

Not fully functional right now, got buried in the flood last fall and I have a lot of work to get it running again.

The cool part of it was we dug a little and it started and I drove it out.
Click on it, it's a video.

This and a hi-lift made the job a lot easier.

Jacked up each tire and kicked fill in the holes, once on each tire, only had to dig enough room for the jack to work.
That lift mate is great if you have wheels that it can attach to.

Last edited:
Updates on the sammy.
With recent opportunities for growth in my company I've been living to work lately. Decided to work on this thing today.

A few weeks ago the shifter wouldn't move over to the right in order to select 5th or reverse
Made time to take the shifter case tower apart.
Found some binding springs. New tower on the way from a memeber at zuki crawlers.
20141214_112018.jpg

The battery has been drained regularly as I swaped the carb, then motor. It's been driven rarely.Stuffed the biggest red top I could under the hood today without cutting anything. That was a cold battery swap.

20141214_141712.jpg

Back