• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggest a trail

Its still up in the air if I can make it (school reasons), but if I can I'm definitely down for the hike.

Onion Creek is only a two hour duration with Fisher Towers. I think it needs something extra like Rose Garden Hill but that would make it a Medium or Hard. Maybe Rose Garden should be tagged on to the end of Top of The World?

Doing Top of the World, Rose Garden, and Onion creek makes for a very long day with a group but I have done it before. Just make sure you start earlier than most of the other trails.

I'd like run Elephant Hill myself if you plan to do so as I haven't done it before in my 10 trips so far to Moab. No Metal Masher or Behind the Rocks?. The La Sal Mountains often get overlooked as nice scenic trails particularly if the fall colors are nice.

Last edited:
I second what Rollins said, we should include 2 of the best trails anywhere, Metal Masher & Behind the Rocks. If you have to drop something, drop Flat Iron, one of the Hells, Cliff Hanger, Golden Spike or Kane Creek.

Rollins is coming over tonight so I will discuss it further with him and see if he's willing to volunteer leading.

Already got Thom on the list of willing helpers. Thom, I know you were a leader last year, was that on Hells Revenge? Happy to do it again or MM or BtR?

I need to get the trail list fixed by Thursday night if possible so I can get the list off to the BLM and start looking for volunteer leaders.

Rollins is coming over tonight so I will discuss it further with him and see if he's willing to volunteer leading.

Already got Thom on the list of willing helpers. Thom, I know you were a leader last year, was that on Hells Revenge? Happy to do it again or MM or BtR?

I need to get the trail list fixed by Thursday night if possible so I can get the list off to the BLM and start looking for volunteer leaders.

No problem bud, I can lead all 3 if you want. Just not on the day we're doing Pritchet. Try to get Wayne to lead that.

I will submit an application to Arches NP for the ranger led hike in Fiery Furnace. We need a minimum of 11 people for this, but I am confident we can do this going on how many people we had hiking on the Elephant Hill trip last year.
That sounds great Vince. I was thinking of taking a day off the trail to do that this year. Count me in.

Did I miss the finalized trail list? I'm willing to lead a trail or two if you need me.

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the NAXJA scene. I'll be in Moab next weekend, and I own an XJ thing. I'm tentatively planning on wheeling with another group, but there's some folks on here that I haven't wheeled with in a long time. How official are these runs? Any registration process, or can I just show up? I bet I could get one or two guys to vouch for me.

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the NAXJA scene. I'll be in Moab next weekend, and I own an XJ thing. I'm tentatively planning on wheeling with another group, but there's some folks on here that I haven't wheeled with in a long time. How official are these runs? Any registration process, or can I just show up? I bet I could get one or two guys to vouch for me.

All the info should be here. Registration, saftey and trail signups are all handled on site at the Slickrock campground. There will probably be some folks runnning their own unofficial trails too you could meet up with. Just come on over and say hi. Were a pretty bunch of laid back folks.

Mike R

Headquarters is at Slickrock Campground on the north edge of town. Most of us are clustered around the cabins and full hook up sites close to the cabins. Some of us will be arriving Saturday evening and will wheel on Sunday and Monday before the official start.

Come on over. I'll be in my motorhome in space #87. Look for the white XK with purple bumpers or look for MJR's Woody in front of his cabin.

When did you get a Commander????

Ratsafragging@!%$$*$)@ keyboard.

Proofreader pretty damn useless too.

Back