• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid Question--

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Stupid Question: Is Virginia part of the SEC or the NAC? Seems too "north" to be SEC.

Reason behind SQ: I'm from the SoCal Chapter (San Diego), and flying out to VA/DC over Spring Break the first week of April while my daughter goes to inspect colleges she's applied to... I'll be in the area from the morning of Tues 4/2 until Easter morning.

I won't have my Jeep, and although the friend I'm staying with has hers & she used to wheel it here in SoCal, I'm not sure what shape it's in these days.

Susan's not into mudding, and she's pretty sure that may be all that's available. Last time I saw her Jeep, I think it had long arms, probably 3" lift, and 31s, but she was still running a D35, so we need to take that into account if we go play somewhere, but I'd love some ideas! And someone to go with, as we're not gonna go wheel by our lonesomes. Or if there's something going on, maybe someone needs a copilot?

Is there anything else amazing that I should check out while I'm out there, if any of you are that far north? I'll be staying in Casanova, up in the north end of VA. I plan to hit up Kings Dominion for some roller coaster time, and other than that, who knows.

I'm not much of a history buff, and did the DC Trip a few thousand years ago while in school, so I really don't see the Smithsonian & Williamsburg in my future...

If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Carol

southern VA is part of the SEC. i think the northern guys side with the NAC. im from Norfolk and the Members list says im in the NAC. But since you will be casanova, you could get some good info from either chapter. you will be about 3 hours SW of some good trails and one hell of an obstacle. dont know any other trails well enough to give you directions but im sure someone will hook ya up.

on to other things. i just happen to be in San Diego for business till the end of the month. im bored as hell and want to see some trails out here. or at least put a wrench on something.

Im currently in northern va DC area.. originally from southern va
if you dont mind a drive there is a hell of a trail that runs from edinburg to broadway water tower (its 15 bucks for the driver, you buy the wristband at the BP station)
ill be around ish if you need help (i also work at a college in winchester)

Define "hell of a trail"... Extreme? Long? Amazing views?

amazing view, about 2 hours to drive, and you can make it as hard as you want it... (not sexual) lol i saw a guy take a stock 2010 GMC up it he just avoided the fun rocky bits

Im currently in northern va DC area.. originally from southern va
if you dont mind a drive there is a hell of a trail that runs from edinburg to broadway water tower (its 15 bucks for the driver, you buy the wristband at the BP station)
ill be around ish if you need help (i also work at a college in winchester)

Please explain this "trail"......Only road that runs from Edinburg to Broadway is Rt 42,....thats free.
However the trail from Edinburg to the Woodstock Fire (lookout) Tower is $5, and Is "Peters Mill Trail"

Please stay in school....

LOL... some things are the same whichever coast you're on, I guess!! I'll remain, well, confused, for now... =)

And I like it very hard, but mainly when I'm using someone else's junk =). Er, Jeep.

Carol be gentle on those east coast boys...I mean Jeeps.

and you can make it as hard as you want it... (not sexual) lol

He started it!! So you're saying to be easy for them? Wait, what? :confused1

Duh, Virginia is in the ACC.

ACC? Inside joke?

I see "ACC", figure that the last "C" is "Chapter", which makes me think ACC stands for ":moon::jester: Chapter" if the second icon is a "clown" rather than jester... But that slang may or may not be regional to the West Coast.

I know there are folks nationwide that should be moved to that imaginary chapter, though!

southern VA is part of the SEC. i think the northern guys side with the NAC. im from Norfolk and the Members list says im in the NAC. But since you will be casanova, you could get some good info from either chapter. you will be about 3 hours SW of some good trails and one hell of an obstacle. dont know any other trails well enough to give you directions but im sure someone will hook ya up.

on to other things. i just happen to be in San Diego for business till the end of the month. im bored as hell and want to see some trails out here. or at least put a wrench on something.

Come see me at work I bartend for stone brewing. Lots of Jeep guys hang out.

ACC? Inside joke?

I see "ACC", figure that the last "C" is "Chapter", which makes me think ACC stands for ":moon::jester: Chapter" if the second icon is a "clown" rather than jester... But that slang may or may not be regional to the West Coast.

I know there are folks nationwide that should be moved to that imaginary chapter, though!

Not a fan of college sports huh?

Not a fan of college sports huh?

LOL... No, my sports generally involve something with an engine, as a minimum requirement. Preferably 4WD or Jeep Speed, tho I enjoy a good SuperCross, the occasional NASCAR race, and/or the Thunderboat races.

What schools are yall going to be visiting?

I'm hanging out with my friends, mostly, while the daughter does the tours, but she applied to UPenn, Johns Hopkins, George Washington, Georgetown, and Yale out that way. She'll tour whichever ones send her acceptances (they're supposed to reply by 3/31).

Back