• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock no more

Ba-Riedo said:
The bolt you need for your front hooks... Is it the furthest one back on the brackets? Or which bolts are you talking about, I still have my brackets and can take measurements of the bolts if that would help.

-Alex

The furthest back I believe...because arnt the other bolts the same ones used to hold up the front bumper? (I was going to take my bumper off tomorrow to find out...)

But yeah if you could measure that, that would be great!

IXNAYXJ said:
Since when does Greggs have an RTI ramp in their parking lot? :D

Looks good...time for some dents.

-----Matt-----
gotta love 4WP;) Speaking about that I need to call Rob this week.

NickThePyro said:
gotta love 4WP;) Speaking about that I need to call Rob this week.

Haha ya it's interesting working right next to my new hobby store. And you're not talking about my boss, Rob, are you?

Muddy Beast said:
Haha ya it's interesting working right next to my new hobby store. And you're not talking about my boss, Rob, are you?
Yeah, they just built a new one next to my house as well. Rob works at the 4WP you work next to. 4 Wheel parts is a magnet that attracts all the money in my wallet.

I really miss 3" and 31's it was so much simpler then.

Life was good.:gee:

John

GI-John said:
I really miss 3" and 31's it was so much simpler then.

Life was good.:gee:

John

Ain't it the truth. To the fellas that just light/occasionally wheel their XJ's, a small lift and smallish tires = fewer problems overall. No need to go all longarm/big tire crazy unless you know you're going to wheel the piss out of it.

Doug

fubar XJ said:
Ain't it the truth. To the fellas that just light/occasionally wheel their XJ's, a small lift and smallish tires = fewer problems overall. No need to go all longarm/big tire crazy unless you know you're going to wheel the piss out of it.

Doug

My hopes are to get this Jeep started....and in a few years buy another car or something so I can make the Jeep bigger and not have gas hurt me to much.

Muddy Beast said:
My hopes are to get this Jeep started....and in a few years buy another car or something so I can make the Jeep bigger and not have gas hurt me to much.

That's a good plan.

fubar XJ said:
That's a good plan.

Yep, my diesel tow rig gets much better milage than my XJ :twak:

Thinking about it, I think my XJ gets better milage than ALL of my other vehicles and it is the only one that doesn't get driven on the street :D

Keep in mind before you go too far Scott that it is very reasonable to create a VERY capable off road toy that is very daily driverable and an XJ's usually gets pretty reasonably gas milage as long as you are not commuting long distances regularly. Just something to think on a little before you "jump" too soon ;)

Michael

2xtreme said:
Yep, my diesel tow rig gets much better milage than my XJ :twak:

Thinking about it, I think my XJ gets better milage than ALL of my other vehicles and it is the only one that doesn't get driven on the street :D

Keep in mind before you go too far Scott that it is very reasonable to create a VERY capable off road toy that is very daily driverable and an XJ's usually gets pretty reasonably gas milage as long as you are not commuting long distances regularly. Just something to think on a little before you "jump" too soon ;)

Michael

heh, well I have years to worry about it. Just shouting out some thoughts.

(I wasn't saying I'd get another car to tow the XJ, but something small, or maybe a crotch rocket for work commute.)

bigpimpinben said:
hey you could be like dellstopjeep and build a jeep and never wheel it.

:huh:

I thought god made lighting strike down and smite anyone who did that...

If you wanna get rid of the rub up front you'll need different wheels. The offset on stockers don't allow for that wide of a tire. DONT USE SPACERS, unless you wanna be "that guy". To get more clearance, remove the plastic inner fender liners, look up in the fender well. See that pinch seam? Make relief cuts with a die grinder and fold it over with a BFH. And you can remove or cut off the plastic valance below your front bumper and trim the flares. This is mostly cosmetic, but it will give sort of an optical illusion that you have more lift. see pics below

muddybeast2.jpg

muddybeastchop.jpg

Back