• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek Aug 27

I am planning on going. This will be a good shake down run. Who is going and what time is everyone going to meet and where? Also can you park a trailer anywherr in downyville?

I'm out. Neighboor talked me into penrose instead. It's on my bucket list of trail systems to hit before I sell the rig so I have in easy.

Danny aka Chinakee was talking about Penrose that weekend ...don't know if that's the plan if not I guess spring creek it is ...lol...I love pulling the I-70 grades with the tow rig ...can't beat forced induction at high altitude .

Well I'm most likely not going to make it now as I'm apparently an idiot. Just got done pulling the 8.25 before lunch, ate some Taco Hell, and then realized that I had ordered the wrong gears for the 8.25 axle. I called around to TNT Customs, 4Wheel Parts, Trail Jeeps, Bull Hide, High Country, Hooligan, and everybody else I could think of and nobody has 4.88's in stock. Now I have to send these back to Ron's Machining Services and wait on the replacements to get here. I'll keep plugging away at the other stuff on my Jeep but I doubt I'll get the new gears in time to install them before Sunday's trip.

I'll have an open seat in the buggy :D

So, Spring Creek connects up with a few trails at the top, one being Saxon back down into Georgetown.

Due to being in the buggy, having gone down to Georgetown before, and needing to get a ride back to the tow rig, to then pick up the buggy in Georgetown...

I think I'll just head back down the trail from the top.

If anyone would rather run the trail backwards as well, I'm open for invites :D

I'll have my kid with or me if I can make it, otherwise I'd gladly take you up on that. I haven't been in the buggy yet.

My steering should be here Wednesday and my gears on Thursday, so I should have my Jeep back together by Saturday and will be able to make the run.

Is there a park and ride or something in Georgetown I could leave the truck/trailer? I remember the trailhead gets packed pretty quick. Figured I might just unload in Georgetown. Otherwise I might unload at the grocery store in Idaho Springs, that'll make it easier to swing into Tommy Knockers or Beau Jo's Pizza after the trial run. Hint, Hint.

I'll have my kid with or me if I can make it, otherwise I'd gladly take you up on that. I haven't been in the buggy yet.

My steering should be here Wednesday and my gears on Thursday, so I should have my Jeep back together by Saturday and will be able to make the run.

Is there a park and ride or something in Georgetown I could leave the truck/trailer? I remember the trailhead gets packed pretty quick. Figured I might just unload in Georgetown. Otherwise I might unload at the grocery store in Idaho Springs, that'll make it easier to swing into Tommy Knockers or Beau Jo's Pizza after the trial run. Hint, Hint.

I unload just before the trail head. When you go under the bridge after the gas station, there's a some room for trucks/trailers.

Danny was talking Penrose then up North Fort collins ...lol...I thought he was talking the quarry , but he is talking a 4hr round trip for...lol...the chutes...lol I'll be running Soring Creek . While Spring Creek is not Penrose it is not a 4 hr round trip .

I'll probably just turn around at the top and run the trail backwards rather than drive out the back like I did before the days of trailering it .

People typically either meet at the trailhead or at the Starbucks at the exit. Since several of us have trailers the trailhead might be better.

So 9AM at the trailhead?

The gas station just across the road (my favorite on the I-70 corridor), has a bit of parking around back (well, it has area for big rig fueling). I've parked there before while waiting for people. Gives you a last chance to get anything or any bathroom trips done before heading over :laugh:

So, Spring Creek connects up with a few trails at the top, one being Saxon back down into Georgetown.

Due to being in the buggy, having gone down to Georgetown before, and needing to get a ride back to the tow rig, to then pick up the buggy in Georgetown...

I think I'll just head back down the trail from the top.

If anyone would rather run the trail backwards as well, I'm open for invites :D

If your Jeep has plates on it, you can take the road system off Trail Creek Rd. to Dumont. You would have to drive through Dumont to get back to your trailer.

I was gunna run up and down leaving trailer at trailhead but I have a prospective buyer for the Toyota in penrose so I will have to catch you all another time.

Back