• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speaker size

MY98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can you anyone tell me the size of speakers I have on my 98 Jeep Cherokee? I need to replace them.

Front - ?
Rear - ?
Roof - ?

under the big grate is a really small speaker. its really decieving. i thought they were at least 6.5's till i pulled off the grate

i dont know about the ones w/ the infinity sound system, but i had 5.25 all the way around. then again i dont have the rears, just front doors and back cieling. you can however put 6.5's in the rear easily if you trim a bit. you might even be able to fit them in the front, i never tried, i just put a 5.25 component setup up there.

all xjs had 5.25 but you can get 6.5 in them with a little trim with a drimal.I will get pics up soon of the 5x7 I have in the front.made my own box for them and I am putting 6.5 that I did have in the front in the back doors I have a 4dr.I also Had 6x9 in the rear hatch but now I have A 12 and 1000 watts.

I had 5.25" speakers in my front doors and sound bar on my 96.

But I just transplanted some 97 doors, and the speaker openings in the doors were bigger than 5.25". Probably 6.5". I had to drill new holes to fit my 5.25" speakers.

'97 country:

4 X 5.25 . 6.5 fit in rear overhead soundbar with simple modification, I removed decorative cover from new speakers and they fit behind the stock grates.

Back