• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Southington Offroad

2000xjclassic

NAXJA Forum User
Good Morning,

I would like to take a second to let everyone here know about a "new" location to wheel in the northeast Ohio area. I have new in quotation marks because the property has been used for Jeep events in the past couple of years but Southington Offroad is NOT the same park that was previously being run on the same piece of property.

We will be open to full-size 4x4s (Jeeps, trucks, Toyotas, Samurais, buggies, Land Rovers, Etc) on the first full weekend of each month and open to the ATV crowd the following weekend.

Pricing will be as follows for 4x4 weekends:

• Weekend pass (Saturday & Sunday)............. $40
    (for 1 vehicle & driver)​
  • Day pass (Saturday OR Sunday).................. $25
  • Additional Guest (Each person).................... $5
    12 & under free​
  • Primitive camping site................................ $20
    4 person/2 tent max per camp site​
  • Electric Camping Site................................. $35
    Again, 4 person/2 tent max per camp site​
  • Each additional guest camping past 4........... $5

Southington Offroad's first 4x4 event is scheduled for December 3 & 4, 2011.

At this point we are planning on having at least a few new trails open before December with more trails and obstacles planned. As for the terrain at Southington Offroad, there is a great mix between rocks, sand, trails through the woods, muddy trails, mud pits, hills, etc.

I do not have a completed rules list at this time but expect it to be typical of other offroad parks.

A website/forum is in the works and should be up sometimes this week. I will post the URL as soon as I see that it is up.

For the time being, we have a Facebook page going for info. People are already starting to share their photos and videos, so you can start to get an idea of what terrain is available.
http://www.facebook.com/Southingtonoffroad

If anyone has any questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me. I will do my best to respond as quickly and accurately as possible between classes and work.

Chris

How big is the park?

from the few pics I saw on the FB it looks pretty nice! its a bit of a hike for me hopefully I can pull off a trip in the spring or summer.

Kevin

Its an hour farther than Harlan(8000 acres) for me, so I'd rather go there but good to see places opening up for people out that way! We'll send the Empire Offroad guys out there and see what they think! :D

ive wheeled there a few times, some pretty fun trails, did i mention class 3 shooting range?

There is a place like that out by Tyler's in MO. Talk about man heaven, Bar, gun store, range and trails in the same place! :D

What happened to Kelly and jeepskool?

I don't want to start a bunch of drama but the long and short of it is that Kelly is still running Jeepskool. JeepSkool events are no longer being held at the Southington Hunt Club/Southington Offroad. As far as I know, there are no Jeepskool events planned, this may change and JS may operate at another location, it may not, I honestly have no information one way or the other.

Back