• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, when did you loose your virginity.......

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
........ Off Roading that is :D For me it was 1975 and my father had just bought a brand new Wagoneer, bright orange with the aluminum slotted wheels and a 401... oh yeah can't forget the 8trac jammin to the Eagles. He took me wheelin alot in that thing and we either went out to Mt. Massive or Elbert. Yes, I lived in Aurora on Kenton street. The only thing I disliked about the wheelin was my mother getting out of the Jeep with me when my father did the cool shiznit.... maybe someday I will find and build an old waggy :D So there it is, post yours. Just do not write a book :peace:

Was going to say "when i first met your mom" but then i figured i didnt know you well enough (or at all for that matter) and then i read the thread :)

drove my dads truck in the early 70's off some dirt roads, was only around 5 at the time (he was in there too)

First wheelin trip was webster pass in my maroon jeep. Only made it up to a bank of snow and could not go any further. Went with a tacoma on 33's and I pulled him out of the snow. Was a great time and just started from there!

Was going to say "when i first met your mom" but then i figured i didnt know you well enough (or at all for that matter) and then i read the thread :)
:laugh:................. I would hate to look you up and.... :twak: .............. ;)

Fall of '91 in my brand new (less than 500 miles on it) '91 S-10. Went up some service roads around and above the closed/abandoned Geneva Basin ski area. Got severely high centered on one of those cross-cut ridges in the road that the Forrest service puts in to direct run off...... Bought a 3" lift kit and 31's a couple months later..... :D

Hate to admit it but...

1967 with my Dad in a 1944 MB he bought from an Army/Navy store. Anyone else here remember the real Army/Navy stores? When I got into SWL (Short Wave Listening) I bought my equipment from the A/N and modified it to run on 110VAC. Ah yes, one could get M1 Garands for a song. Always wanted a BAR, no FFL, so no BAR!

haha sorry old guys.....
October 2006..... just got my drivers permit and my dad and I took his Blazer up Bill Moore.
Saw a group of XJ's up there and fell in love instantly! The rest is history!

Since the early '70s- Grandpa used to take me out in his '66 Bronco.My parents had a '76 Jeep Wagoneer that we used to cruise into the back country as well.

I think I was 3 maybe 4. My parents just split and my dad and I were living with my grandparents along with my uncle. It was probably '79 or '80 and my uncle would always try to climb the railroad tracks near a bridge with his old Bronco. It was pretty fun, but he would always tell me, "Don't tell grandma!!!" I wouldn't even be all the way in the house before I would say, "Hey grandma!! Guess what me and uncle Joe just did?!?!?"

Have been in love with motorsports every since.

I'm pretty much a newb to Jeeps but back in the early 80's my dad had bought
a 77" Scottsdale with the 454 cid , it was a K20 and we had tons of fun in that truck , soon after my brother bought a new Jeep Wrangler and I've always been interested in them since , always opting for a Chevy or GMC , I never had the chance to find one I wanted . I always thought of them as puny next
to my 72" GMC Jimmy 4X4 . Too bad I sold that truck years ago .

However now I am reliving my dream of my childhood , out in the sticks of
Colorado ...;)

Since i just recently got my licence, this past fathers day was my first time wheeling my own vehicle :D

I think growing up going Antelope hunting every year with my Father, way out in the middle of no where (BLM land), in his early 60's Ford Pickup, is what initially got me attracted to wheeling. However I will use an official date of 10 years ago, upon turning 16. I had an 85 Nissan 4x4 pickup (720), that got put thru WAAAAY more than any automobile should ever have to be put thru. I put 2 motors in it, 1 tranny rebuild, wheel bearings, and several U-Joints in that pickup. I owe any wrenching knowledge I have, to that pickup.

Summer 1966.

It was a Willys with flat fenders and a flat head 4-banger. It had three shifters, no top, the windshield could fold down and the back could hold six kids.

That trip was also the first time I shot a firearm.

That also was the vacation trip that I put this scar on my chin, and learned that running down hill could be tricky.

That fall I started kindergarten. :)

71 With a friend on a hunting trip. I think his jeep was a 2A flat finder V8. We did more wheeling than hunting on old mining roads and in some pretty deep mud. In 75 I bought a 57 cj5, 5:38s, V6, on N78x15 Cadillac ambulance snow tires. Been crazy ever since!

1983 with my dad in my mom's 83 Wagoneer Limited. He was an engineer for AMC and said that these things are unstoppable. After fishing down by Creede he buried the thing in about 6 feet of snow. I thought we were never going home. I was 5 at the time. My first car when I turned 16...... 78 Wagoneer and still thought it was unstoppable. That got me in trouble more than once.

1988 --wheeled with a menagerie of idiots in incredibly incapable vehicles... Sevenmile road up the Poudre (mine was an open/open 89 Isuzu PU, eventually on 3" of lift and 33 x 10" TSLs). We did it about 20 times a season (camping for up to a week at a time) for a few years -- it still is the name of our staging website: www.sevenmile.net :sunshine:

Back