• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sirius Radio Location... Need Ideas!

4WDlifeform

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I have a 97, and I am looking to install a Sirius XM radio, but I dont know where on the dash I can put it? I was wondering if you guys have any cleaver solutions?? Pics to share?

I have a one-din Alpine system installed already, so I cant get a sirius ready dash unit... Another fyi, I have my GPS located on the driver side, right above the air vent. Im thinking just using the suction-cup mount right above the GPS unless you guys can inspire... Open to thoughts! Thanks!!

I would throw it down by the ash tray but I wouldnt waste my time unless I already had a unit, I was a big sirius fan till about a year ago. Now rumors are flying that they may be closing shop soon due to the prevalence of pandora.

I have my XM unit mounted to the left of the center air vents. For the most part it works well there, but I'd like to find something more perminate.

how about this?
JP-74-97-1_2.jpg

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/cherokee-all-1997-2001-custom-mount

I use the AC vent mount for mine and have been wanting to move it for a long time now. I've been looking at the space right in front of my auto shifter. I don't really look at the display and in that spot the buttons seem easy to get at. Just haven't thought how I would mount it in that location.

I put the one in my Chrysler 300 in the center console.
Pro's: out of sight

Con's: Takes up a bit of center console space.
You have to look down into your console when changing channels.

Worth it for me I didn't want to clutter the interior with crap.

good question, I don't know how far over the airbag goes.

000_1160.jpg

I know, the wrong console... But, I don't look at it much, as there's the remote to use. Make sure you enable the dimmer, if so equipped. The bright blue light at night is very distracting. I usually end up listening to talk on it, anyway, as the music fidelity is disappointing, and I have it jacked into the AUX IN in both my XJs. The highs sound tinny, almost raspy, like a low-bit transfer rate. I do like the fact that there's a lot to listen to in specific genres, like the First Wave ch. 22 I usually have on,after I get depressed listening to the political stuff, which is probably the best available. And, if you subscribe to their Premium Internet service, the music sound quality is incredible. We have some old HarmonKardon and Bose equipment in the garage hooked to the computer, and it never sounded better!

Back