• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shriveled Pecker Snow Run ™

I'm partial to the Tinkham/Snoqualmie Pass area myself.

I too would like to see the old hwy 2 road. But I'm down for anything.

~Scott

A vote for Highway 2 and after the Holidays.

Re: Shriveled Pecker Snow Run ™

Map.

I am thinking of a snow run or two early in the season to check out "Old Cascade Hwy" and "Tye Rd". I haven't run it for more than 15 years and I need to check it out again. I suspect from the map that there are a couple of good spots for an "igloo build off" and camp area (protected from avalanche dangers). I am thinking we should put a run together relatively early in the season (probably in Dec?) before the snow gets too significant than maybe again closer to the over night run.

I love tinkham and plan on a run or two there also, but I also want to try a few other "new" places also.

Michael

I am thinking of a snow run or two early in the season to check out "Old Cascade Hwy" and "Tye Rd". I haven't run it for more than 15 years and I need to check it out again. I suspect from the map that there are a couple of good spots for an "igloo build off" and camp area (protected from avalanche dangers). I am thinking we should put a run together relatively early in the season (probably in Dec?) before the snow gets too significant than maybe again closer to the over night run.

I love tinkham and plan on a run or two there also, but I also want to try a few other "new" places also.

Michael

Do you think the snow pack will be good enough in early december?

I want to try and make to any of these ideas but like everyone else I can't around the holidays. I'll be in MI.

Michael

I think we should definitely do a recon run, before camping. Maybe check out both the Iron Goat trail rout and the Old Cascade that goes east towards Tye.

Do you think the snow pack will be good enough in early december?

I want to try and make to any of these ideas but like everyone else I can't around the holidays. I'll be in MI.

I was talking about doing some "preliminary scouting" trips early in the season (December sometime) so that we know exactly what the trail is like, where there is room for camping, what would be safe from avalanches, etc. The overnighter won't come till much later in the season, you need a large snow pack and good snow conditions to build igloos.

Joe, I believe next Saturday might work for me, I will respond once I am certain.

Michael

I was talking about doing some "preliminary scouting" trips early in the season (December sometime) so that we know exactly what the trail is like, where there is room for camping, what would be safe from avalanches, etc. The overnighter won't come till much later in the season, you need a large snow pack and good snow conditions to build igloos.

Joe, I believe next Saturday might work for me, I will respond once I am certain.

Michael

Sweet! A scouting party! To explore the unknown...:doh:

Nah, a good idea Michael. I might be able to make it up there with you guys..

Keil

Back