• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I......?

Hydrolock

NAXJA Forum User
Trade my XJ?

Someone offered to trade a 1999 VW Jetta 2.0l for my XJ. He goes to school in PA and works off campus He needs a car that better handles PA weather. I just use my truck to go to and from school I dont drive much once Im at school.

In addition, the resale value is about the same so if I get rid of the car there is really no loss.

Thanks
Jordan

hmmmmmm,give up a (i'm presuming) good 4x4 (jeep) for a front wheel drive (VW)?

that would mean no off-roading until getting another jeep.

imho, i woud keep jeep. but that's just me.

have fun with this one!!!

Figure out what matters to you and which vehicle meets those needs best.

We don't even need to know the specifics of either vehicle- just trade, and do it NOW. While you're at it, get that circumcision Coastie suggested, and get that lobotomy finished up too.

I would only do it for a TDI, that is just me though.......
I agree only a TDI would be even close to worthy.

While you're at it go get a circumcision.

He probably needs all the wadding he can get. I see that in your profile that one of your hobbies is off roading, now its going to be rallying I suppose.:doh:

I love my XJ just I have had it for a few years now and Im sick of sinking money into it when Im never going to get a good return on it. I bought it for 8k in my sophmore year of high school and now its worth 3500 and trade in value is even less.

Just because you fellas dont think ahead like what youre gunna get for the car in 2 years doesnt mean I have to think that way too.

truthfully I wouldnt trade my Xj for the world just have to look at what Im going to get money for when I need a new car.

and the circumcision comment....are you retarded? must boys have that done at birth and my captain isnt wearing his hat to dinner. the correct word to make that an insult is castration.

And its not a major life decision, I figured some people on here have some life experience and could help me out a little but no I get the group of retards who just insults the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my XJ just I have had it for a few years now and Im sick of sinking money into it when Im never going to get a good return on it. I bought it for 8k in my sophmore year of high school and now its worth 3500 and trade in value is even less.

Just because you fellas dont think ahead like what youre gunna get for the car in 2 years doesnt mean I have to think that way too.

truthfully I wouldnt trade my Xj for the world just have to look at what Im going to get money for when I need a new car.

It looks like you didn't think far enough ahead. I don't buy cars\trucks\XJs thinking of resale because I buy what I want, and I keep it until it is unrepairable. The fact that you are so concerned about losing money on yours means that you didn't do enough research before you bought it. When I bought my XJs, I knew that the money I put in them is for me to enjoy them.

Have fun with your girl car, we'll have fun offroading with our capable bad ass rigs!

Oh yeah, nominated.

First off I love my jeep just as much as anyone here, but my other vehicle love is for Vw. I personally have a 97 xj 4.0 ax-15 231, and a 95 jetta vr6 5 speed manual transmission. I would not waste my time with a jetta with the 2.0 engine. The engine itself is not the problem but the transmissions are. If it's an auto I wouldn't even test drive it. A manual can be ok if babied but even then can blow up the differential at any given moment. If your sick of putting money into the jeep just remeber both are used vehicles and will need maintenance and the jeep will be alot cheaper and easier to fix. So my honest opinion would be to keep the jeep. A good site to look at for more Vw information is www.vwvortex.com. Good luck with your decision.

I wouldn't do it. Like green said, the maintenance on Jettas/VW comes at a higher price. If you're looking down the road at finances-why don't you look into how much replacement parts are for the VW compared to the Jeep. A main reason I bought my Jeep was because of how easy it can be to fix/exchange parts or mods.

also, you gave no specs on your Jeep...

Lol don't get butt hurt about smartass comments when you post about trading your jeep.

To each their own.

Figure out what matters to you and which vehicle meets those needs best.

X2

Last edited:

and the circumcision comment....are you retarded? must boys have that done at birth and my captain isnt wearing his hat to dinner. the correct word to make that an insult is castration.

And its not a major life decision, I figured some people on here have some life experience and could help me out a little but no I get the group of retards who just insults the OP.
ummm....castration. big word. u should know the meaning....
Castration (also referred to as: gelding, spaying, neutering, fixing, orchiectomy, oophorectomy) is any action, surgical, chemical, or otherwise, by which a male loses the functions of the testes
fyi.
i support your nomination.

Have you ever heard that saying: "It's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand?" I guess not everyone (you in particular) gets it, it's a hobby, a way of life, never an investment. This guy gets it: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1016928
Do you think that he will ever be able to recoup the money that he has spent on it? Not to mention what his very skilled time is worth.

I wouldn't do it for a 2.0 Jetta if reliable transportation is your goal.

If resale value and reliability are what you want, you need to go buy a Honda.

What?

What kind of dumbarse buys a car so they can sell it for more later? What kind of car actually fits this requirement? Are you retarded? Huh?

I have no words.

Actually, I do. Every time some mouthbreathing retard talks about "investing" in something that is strictly a depreciating asset, it makes me want to sucker punch them and put them in a basic financials/accounting class. IT IS A TOOL, OR A TOY, OR SOMETHING OF UTILITY! IT IS NOT AN INVESTMENT! STOP WHINING BECAUSE SOMETHING YOU ARE *USING* IS LOSING VALUE!

OK. I'm done ranting now.

Back