• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I buy it?

1988XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My cousin owns a dealership and I was walking around out back the other day and I noticed that he had an XJ. The body doesn't look that rough. Has some scratches and a few small dents but no rust! It's a 1991 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4X4. Black with black interior and the interior is actually pretty clean and in good shape. He told me that he would sell it to me for $650. It has 247,XXX miles on it but it runs/drives good and the transfer case works fine. He bought it back in the winter to play in the snow with but there's never any snow down here. The only thing wrong with it is that it has a valve cover gasket leak. Do you think I should get it or not?

i work at a dealership and found my xj there last year for $500. its a 93 sport and had 247k on it also. bought it, lifted it, never looked back. i say you got a good find

man, I wish I could find a deal like that here in AZ, I would buy it ASAP.

I paid 700 for my 90, but I pulled it from a ladys back yard and it had weeds growing through the engine bay and had been wrecked in the front end.

Go buy now and don't return here until you do.

Yeah i'm gonna go buy it. I'll have it probably mid next week like tuesday or wednesday. I can't wait to get it and try it out on some trails!:)

post picks, i always have dreams of finding a sub $1000 ride that is rust free! To bad the roads are salted to hell here, detroit is built over massive salt mines. a cool ride like an xj would never be sub 1 grand if running and rust free. doubt i could find a rust free geo metro for $1000.

nice score. lucky bastid living in rust free country.:party:

For $650 that would be a good deal. I wouldn't be willing to spend much time or money repairing a disposable vehicle like that though.

Back