• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop recommendations or advice?

MtnBkr

NAXJA Forum User
So I've about reached the extent of my diagnostic skills. I'm about ready to take it to a shop but need suggestions on where. I live in the south west side of Denver. Any shop or stealership recommendations? Any body have experience with Astro Automotive?

Here's my thread explaining my issue:

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1040490

Any CO guys have any ideas?

I was planning on taking the Heep on a road trip next weekend so will probably take it in tomorrow if I can't get something figured out.

Thanks for the help!

Hey see that your in morrison. Have you checked spark? What about trying to spray starting fluid in the throttlebody. I have the starting fluid and spark checker and can bring them over to help diagnose the problem.

Kiefer already offered, and I don't have shit goin on... you seem pretty set on taking it to a shop, but if you want to give it one last go before you waste your money in a shop I'll come up with Kiefer and between the three of us we can fix it. There's only so many things that can effect spark.

Not on our side of town but I've taken more than one vehicle to Astro Automotive near Alameda and Santa Fe. They do great work and pricing is fair.

If you want to give fixing it yourself another try then let me know. I'm free most evenings to lend a hand. Electrical gremlins are not my favorite but sometimes a 2nd set of hands and eyes are helpful.

It turns out that I have a family friend that works for a Chrysler Jeep dealer. It's at his shop and he's going to run it on the scanner at work and diagnose it for free. He strongly suspects the ECM after going through everything. Thanks for the info and help everybody. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back