• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Semper Fi

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Just found out one of my HS buds was killed in Iraq. Thanks to all you guys that serve, and have served.

RIP Lance Cpl. Marty Mortenson

half_mast.gif

Sorry to hear that. RIP.

Fergie said:
Just found out one of my HS buds was killed in Iraq. Thanks to all you guys that serve, and have served.

RIP Lance Cpl. Marty Mortenson

half_mast.gif

If you can swing it get a bunch of his friends together and pay your respects to his parents and family, they have to be going crazy with grief about now...

In my thoughts.
Semper Fi!

God bless and may he never be forgoten.

Dammit - I hate to hear about losing another one...Rest in Peace, Devil Dog. You've certainly served your time in hell and earned your spot on duty in heaven.

Semper Fi,
Jim
Sgt, USMC 88-00

Well, Marty was laid to rest today. It was good to see so many people out to support his family, but damn it was hard.

Really makes me wonder if we ought to be in Iraq anymore.....what are our guys fighting for?

Anyway, Thank you to all the veterans, and to those that are currently serving. Make it home safe.

Gavin

Fergie said:
Well, Marty was laid to rest today. It was good to see so many people out to support his family, but damn it was hard.

Really makes me wonder if we ought to be in Iraq anymore.....what are our guys fighting for?

Anyway, Thank you to all the veterans, and to those that are currently serving. Make it home safe.

Gavin

We should be there, no doubt. Pull out 'cause Marty is dead? I doubt he would want that.... nor would many of those that gave the unltimate sacrifice. Do the job until it is done.

Glenn said:
We should be there, no doubt. Pull out 'cause Marty is dead? I doubt he would want that.... nor would many of those that gave the unltimate sacrifice. Do the job until it is done.
Not because he is dead. I've been wondering if we need to be there before he was killed, and I wonder every time I see another soldier killed.

It is a serious question, and with the limited resources I have available, I havent been able to compeltely ddiscern an answer.

Fergie

My answer is serious as well. While many of us (myself included) hate to see a soldier die.... pulling out dues to a death cluse to use is not the right answer.

Deciding *now* that you are not sure if the war is right or not is likely emotional. Greive, give it time.

Damn right it is emotional. I realize that much.

Maybe more to the point....what is the current motivation of our government to continue military action? Remove Sadam, Zarqawi....what?

Fergie

Fact is.... nobody here can answer "why". All we can do is remember your friend. Hold him in our hearts, and thank him for the ultimate sacrifice. More than that is impossible, without getting in to politics.

He is is my heart. RIP.
Glenn

Back