• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Select Increments XJ-Pod Subwoofer Enclosure

it will add a little bass, but with only an 8" woofer you aren't going to get deep sound, only mids. I have one sitting in my garage that i picked up for someone, and I'mnot overly impressed with it. It looks like a perfect fit for the space it is intended to go into though, so fit should be nice and it will be out of the way. It seems to be made from some decent thickness material as well, but one thing that irritated me about it is there is no hole for the speaker wires in the back, you'll need to cut your own hole and mount a terminal cup yourself.

Like grimm said, it wont have that ultra low end of the sound spectrum capability. My only complaint is that it does not mount very solidly.

I spent 8 months trying to track down a JL Audio Vantage 10 box. It was worth the wait. The XJ-Pod will give you
some bass, but for the money you spend it might be better to find someone that can build you a 10" box similar
to the JL version.

subs.jpg

I've had one installed for about 5 years now. I have an 8" Polk in it driven by a small MTX amp. It definitely helps balance out my system with some pretty decent lows compared to the door and sound bar speakers. My only real complaint is that it is only attached to the plastic trim panel, not the metal support structure behind it. If you crank it up much at all, it makes the plastic trim piece rattle like crazy. I'm not one to cruise around with the bass thumping so it works OK for me. If you want to really hear your bass (and make everyone around you hear it) look for a different option.

Pic of the subthump box installed:

P1120007.jpg

I'm running a JL 10-W1 in it.

IIRC, I paid 100 + shipping for the vantage box. They're actually black, but I had mine color-matched to my charcoal interior

I want to color match mine to my 2000's charcoal interior also. What did you use to do it, it looks great. I paid $148 for mine to my door off of ebay without a speaker.

Came in here to post this one.

I'm running it, I love it.

I too have/recommend the Subthump enclosure. It's the best compromise I have seen. Takes up basically no space and output is great. Best of all they are readily available for relatively cheap.

Here's mine with a Dayton sub:
DSCF2282.jpg

I want to color match mine to my 2000's charcoal interior also. What did you use to do it, it looks great. I paid $148 for mine to my door off of ebay without a speaker.
That's a good price for a JL box. Most people don't realize just how solid these boxes are built.

Re: Color. We simply took a trim piece out of my Jeep, took it to a local auto parts store and got them to make us some paint to match. Alternatively, When P1atinum was making my 2DIN center console he used color matched paint called Mopar Agate from "Spectra Match".

I too have/recommend the Subthump enclosure. It's the best compromise I have seen. Takes up basically no space and output is great. Best of all they are readily available for relatively cheap.
The only problem with those sorts of set-ups is that they don't have the proper volume for the sub to work as well as it should.

The only problem with those sorts of set-ups is that they don't have the proper volume for the sub to work as well as it should.

I get that and I totally understand that, however for me in my case anything would be helpful and not looking for anything crazy I think I would be alright.

I wonder if that 3/4 Spacer worth the $15.

Generally, you only need a spacer ring if you're running a sub that's too deep for its enclosure -- it's a last ditch effort to make things fit.

I had to use a spacer ring for my Infinity sub in the JL box as well.
The 10DVQ is a damn big sub; in hindsight, I should-have gone with with something smaller.

Does it add any worth while air space though?

Back