• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Racks

MassMopar

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to get a Cascadia roof tent (the small one, 120 lbs)

What should I do for a roof rack?

My 98 has the stock rails and 2 bows but it looks like most people with RTT's go with a thule rain gutter-mounted system.

Thule's are kinda pricey, if I have to go that route any suggestions on where to buy? Part numbers?

TIA :wave:

Nick

DO NOT use the factory one for a RTT. Check local craigslist or ebay for used thules or yakimas.

if your coming to nacfest I have some thule style roof bar things. they are 1x2 steel beams. but them mount to the factory roof rack rails. if that would work for you you can have them for free. I think they are complete minus 1-2 screws.

I won't be at NACFEST but thanks for the offer
I saw Overland's tent but it's about 2x too big for my needs, great deal though if you need that size.
I figured I'd need gutter mounts but thought I'd ask anyway.
Nick

Anyone try the JCR Offroad gutter mounts? I like the looks of them, lower to the roof and way cheaper than new Thules... look beefier too....

XJ-RackMountsThmb.jpg

Back