• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rides of March

Clayton, OK?

I've run Clayton, once. It was alot of fun, but quite a bit of the park is going to be WAY out of our league. It also has very poorly marked trails so unless you've got someone with alot of experience running the area it's very easy to get lost and miss trails.

The upside is the camping area in the national park has a few cabins and plenty of primitive space. Even so, I think Clayton is a place we want to plan pretty thoroughly or the wheeling won't be much fun.

Hot Springs is another good idea but like Chia said it won't be our run if we tag along.

Let the ones be with the club they wanna be with that day. Im with the Arkansas Crawlers and we do all the events at Hot Springs when NAXJA is there Im with NAXJA. We go as NAXJA not another club if the other group wants to tag along so be it the more the better. I had alot of fun the last time we went, there are lots of 1-3 trails plus some 4 & 5 off of them if somebody wanted to try it and not hold up the group, easy to read maps well marked trails, and we need to pick out a trail.

Out of curiosity, what do those of you planning this event have in mind for stock to slightly modified XJ owners? Boulder Creek, per the map, doesn't appear to have much in the way of 1's and 2's.

You were running 3's with your stocker at Hot Springs weren't you?

The only thing I am worried about with that map is all the landing zones... I wounder...

I'm not worried about me. I'm hoping to make the events more friendly to everyone. Most of the discussions about our events seem to ignore those that are not rock crawlers, or could appear intimidating to those with less skill (read: more brains) or the lesser built rigs.

Sure, I'll follow anyone and take my junk places that it probably shouldn't be, but others might like their paint and body panels to stay straight. I would love to see our events include something for them also.

March 6-8 at Gilmer my local club is hosting an event called Megarun. Have fun and win prizes at the same time. And xj's will rule the park:cool:. Check out the posting called Megarun 09.

i'd love to head to clayton! Only heard great things about it and would be open to finding some gps of the trails for us to run on.

I did boulder creek just fine in my rig, however a friend did some investigating through another club and found out that some lawyer bought the property and dosent want anyone on it. So whats on the map is what is left.

tic tock. A decision needs to be made, you're running out of time, any one of the suggestions is good for a few people. As mentioned earlier, we decided that since the chapter is so large it would be nice to diverisify our Locations to try to include everyone at one time or another, We need the date and location pinned down very soon, and someone is just gonna have to make that decision and stick to it. Debating it in public will only lead to more opinions from more members who may or may not make it.

BTW National is going to provide raffle items, so you may want to settle on that time and place and invite the whole of NAXJA, and put in the request to Cal for the raffle goodies.

Back