• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rich kids and there lifted jeeps

RiverMule

NAXJA Forum User
At my high school there are about 5 kids that have LJs that have like 6 inch lift 35s, and everything imaginable...But they have never even been wheelin. This one kid first had a h2, then he drove a brand new f350, then he had a bmw little roadster thing, now he has a new LJ with a skyjacker lift and stuff. One day me and my wheelin friends form school are going to invite them to go with ous just to see how well there 40,000 dollor rigs can do against our slightly modded XJs and Cj5s. I just think its anoying to see all these rich pretty boys driven offroad machines that there mommy and daddys buy them.

damn i must be lucky, all the rich kids at my school driver BMWs and Mercedes. I could possibly be the only one with a lifted vehicle that wheels, aside from a lifted chevy duramax diesel which i know doesnt get wheeled. now that i think about it, i think there is one wrangler at my school and maybe 3 cherokees which are all completely stock, so so so sad.

Ya i can see that in CA but over here in redneck country must all of the cars at my school are trucks and suvs. I guess the rich pretty boys try to fit in with the rednecks with there lifted jeeps and trucks lol

Be thankful for what you have... I had to ride the bus. Picture Napoleon Dynamite.

see if you can buy their stuff off of them cheap. Sometimes rich kids don't value what they have.

Matthew

RiverMule said:
I just think its anoying to see all these rich pretty boys driven offroad machines that there mommy and daddys buy them.
Ah, highschool... Enjoy and appreciate what you have, don't be so jealous of others that are better off than you.

BTW, I started highschool as a poor kid (ok, lower middle class), and by graduation I had made my way all the way up to middle class. I doubt I'll ever be rich, but I've worked my way up to upper middle class and unlike those that were given everything and never had to worry, I appreaciate the good things in life that I have EARNED.

Work hard. Appreciate what you do have. Enjoy life. <attempt at HS lingo>Don't be hatin</attempt at HS lingo>

I don't understand why you can get upset or annoyed when someone else has a nicely modified vehicle and they don't use it the way YOU feel that they should. It's THEIRS, not yours.

who cares is they don't wheel? chances are, your trails are better off without them on it.

Inviting them to prove to you how well their expensive rides can perform against your junk makes you look ridiculous. when you fawk up your junk trying to one up them, you are screwed. when they fawk up their junk trying to prove something to you, their parents will fix or replace it.

green is a bad color for ya!

I know where you're coming from. I felt the same way in HS. I just graduated 1 year ago, I didn't get my first ride until I was a senior. Red 87' XJ 4 Door 4x4, Dana 35....LOL. Since then i've bought another XJ Black 87' XJ 2 Door 4x4, Dana 44....:D My town is littered with big F-350's, Chevy's, and Dodges. Lots of them are lifted, big tires, etc. The funny thing is that you find most of those owners at the carwash everyday. I've yet to see one of those pinstriped, flamed out, chromed up, shiny trucks on any trail. They won't even take their sorry ass trucks to the riverbeds. Sometimes I wish I lived in the southwest or west coast, where the true JP people are.

edit : - where the true JP people are
I hope I didn't offend any midwesterners, east coast, or south east people. My perception of JP'in is Moab, Rubicon, Farmington. My Bad!

Last edited:
uvaldetxj said:
Sometimes I wish I lived in the southwest or west coast, where the true JP people are.

Oh, trust me on this: we have *no* shortage of posers here either.

jeeperscreepers99 said:
Just be happy you have something to drive. I am sorry you are jealous but an LJ on 35's is going to wheel a lot better then stock or near stock Jeep.
im not jelous, and im more than happy with my jeep,even in stock form. i worked all summer to pay for my lift kit and tires.

jeeperscreepers99 said:
Just be happy you have something to drive. I am sorry you are jealous but an LJ on 35's is going to wheel a lot better then stock or near stock Jeep.

true. but someone who goes off road all the time is gonna be able to do alot more with a stock vehicle than a person with a modified vehicle thats never been off road, to an extent. those are the kind of people who think you need 4 wheel drive as soon as you leave the pavement, lol.

lol, reminds me of a guy I overheard at the tire shop (not an employee, and late 20's). "All the rich kids, driving Saleen's etc... that mommy and daddy bought 'em, back in high school, whenever I see them, like half are working as a night shift manager at Jack-in-the-Box or 7-11. Makes me glad I was raised the way I was, having to work for what I wanted."

Odd, at my high school about 3/4 of the lifted trucks & SUVs (most of em old beat up fords and chevy's, a few Jeeps) actually got wheeled. At the "other high school" is where all the mommy daddy cars were. I guess it all depends on where you live.

Must be nice to have mommy and daddy buy everything for you! But the down side is that those kids dont learn anything by it. Not everything will be provided for them throughout thier life, they will have to learn sometime! I would much rather be raised the way I was as oppossed to having everything at my feet!!

Dont mean to offend any rich guys out there, not every person that is well off is like that.

This also just kills me man, when I graduated high school, it seemed like if you were lucky enough to have your own transportation, it was nearly as old as you were, at best. Sure there were people who had BOTH well to do AND generous parents. But I knew people too, parents were loaded but... said "hell, no, son, I'm not buying you anything. Your gonna have to work." Now it seems like kids these days think having a NICE and RICED car is socially necessary and their parents go along with it. Keep in mind I graduated but what 5 years ago and I truly believe something has changed during this time, kids seem to expect more luxuries now. Just in this time, maybe its just the town I'm in, its changing very fast, has become more "upscale." Maybe has to do with movies, I don't know. But, I think I am EXTREMELY LUCKY to have had my own ride in HS, something I worked hard for, that was a POS anyway but thats what I had. I would have killed for an XJ, a high school friend got me into them. I hope you're greateful of it.

In highschool I drove a 98 KIA Sephia with a fart can, automatic. But I payed for it. That was all that mattered. Now I have the Nissan 240sx, big rims, the works, and a shiny new Jeep. People assume my parents paid for it, but all I get from my parents is a roof, and fridge to munch from.

I wish everyone my age had to work 50 hours a week and a hot factory like I do. But at the end of the week I know I earned my check, and everything I have is because I worked hard for it. (I'm 19 by the way)

Rich kids get on my nerves, because my family has money, but a work ethic to back it up.

Back