• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIBICON MOABS?

Nope it wasn't. If people better understood contracts they wouldn't be violating them either. I made an offer it was accepted, I was making arrangements to pick it up and he called and told me someone else offered a little more so he was selling it to him.
Something to remember is that a verbal contract is legally binding and just as enforceable as a written contract.

From one Law Student to all non-lawyers....

Dude XJ's are a dime a dozen. I'm sure you'll find one!

Nominated!

Last edited:
Wow....Yeah my buddy got a great deal. If I were selling an XJ and leaving town Id take the better offer and have some money before I left too.

They seller was really nice and drove about 1 1/2 hours to meet us Friday night. Props to him!

And it looks like you already have 2. Thats more than most...

Something to remember is that a verbal contract is legally binding and just as enforceable as a written contract.

From one Law Student to all non-lawyers....
Wrong. A legally binding "verbal agreement" pertains to rendering a service, such as "Joe said he would cut your lawn for $XX.XX monthly and now he charged me double". What the law states regarding this situation is that "Agreements to sell tangible property, such as a computer or car, worth more than $500" require a written contract. What Law School are you attending?

Last edited:
Wrong. A legally binding "verbal agreement" pertains to rendering a service, such as "Joe said he would cut your lawn for $XX.XX monthly and now he charged me double". What the law states regarding this situation is that "Agreements to sell tangible property, such as a computer or car, worth more than $500" require a written contract. What Law School are you attending?
LOL Ouch!
I've known a law student or two myself who tried to use their law terms incorrectly to intimidate us "non-lawyers". Its pretty funny.

WELL MR. LAWYER SIR, IM SORRY THAT I OFFENDED YOU BY BUYING YOUR JEEP.... BUT IF YOU MADE AN OFFER LOWER THAN MINE, YOU SHOULD FEEL LIKE CRAP.... I CANT BELIEVE HE GOT RID OF IT FOR WHAT HE DID.... :kissyou: HAHAHA

BROCK, TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK!

:idea: ITS!!!! BROKE!!!! QUIT CRYING!!!! AND SAYING IM YELLING!!!! IF I WANNA YELL ILL PUT THESE "!!!!!!" :shhh:

Maybe if you would have responded to my PM saying it was broke I would have left you alone.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao:

Back