• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse Leaf Springs ????

BornAgainXJer said:
Well first of all look at my name. I was kinda hellbent on wheeling after purchasing my first lift from RK. There stuff kept breaking when I was just driving under normal conditions. I broke 3 control arms just driving one track bar pulling out of my driveway. I was so sick of breaking stuff I just stopped going the jeeps been parked for like a year and a half and now I have decided to give it another go. Since I have bought that kit I have learned a lot and decided to try and fab things before buying them as I have had negative experiences with the supposed experts stuff. Although i must say they did replace my entire LA setup and track bar to their new style for free. Yeah it's not all that dented up yet but there is some if you look at the pass. side rocker :laugh3:. This vehicles is my DD also even though it's been parked. As far as my rear suspension goes I just want to match it up a bit better with the front. The front droops like mad. I even downsized shock travel because I thought it was to much. I personally haven't had problems with krawler shackles other then not extending fully. I have seen a kid a EJS with the same kit and his rear flexed very well and the only thing he had I didn't at the time was bilsteins.

Oh and this picture is funny

DW.jpg

That's my daughter interpretation of Deathwobble, I must have tramatised her.

I'd say wheel it as is (except for the spring clamp) and maybe get some limiting straps for the front. I think you'll be surprise that you'll outdrive a lot of people out there.

ChuckD said:
That's my daughter interpretation of Deathwobble, I must have tramatised her.

I'd say wheel it as is (except for the spring clamp) and maybe get some limiting straps for the front. I think you'll be surprise that you'll outdrive a lot of people out there.
Oh in my year of wheeling it, it did well for being stock gearing and with a less active rear end then currently. I have limiting straps just need to weld on tabs for them. I only removedthe bolt off the spring clamp to see how much I would gain. I have never felt death wobble before I think that's a good thing also.

For the shackle to open more, the spring needs to bend more, but it can't. You would need a softer spring to go farther. Of course a softer spring won't last as long as the RE.

Flex isn't everything, and the amount of drop you have now is respectable. Those spring will soften up a bit after they get run a little while. I would run it like that.

ChuckD said:
As I mention before, I'm quite happy with the performance I get, even with that much rear droop. If I do anything it would just be like what you did with the paint and liners.

BTW what source did you use for the paint and liners.
Did you get click the link and check out the paint and polyethylene?

Reversing your leafs WILL give you about 2" more wheelbase.

You will have to relocate the gas tank and cutout the rear lower quarter panels. It is a cool upgrade, but not necessary.

It won't help you flex better though, it just adds wheelbase.

Back