• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RED 98 XJ

Well I've had some free time. I pulled the axle and drive shaft out of my new xj cleaned them up, painted them. waiting to buy new brakes and brake cables for it.
fp1qte.jpg

Also took the time to repaint the ecco?s from my new xj and swapped them onto my current dd xj. I think they look good but I really need larger tires, then it would look proper.
wqsigp.jpg

1doxz.jpg

My d windows are a bit rusty so after I repaint them there probably going back on.

not much going on lately. Getting paid tomorrow so I'm going to be buying brakes and ebrake cables for the axle I'm swapping from my lil red.
So today i went out and rode my quad some, i have a 2005 trx300ex with minimal mods. and spent the rest of my daylight cleaning up the rust on my d windows and making a template to run the stock jeep centers.
I still have to drill the other 3 rims and use a step bit and buy the new screws so they can be mounted flush/properly.
5tcfm.jpg

i repainted my d windows and also got my stock centers on this last week. also ordered a new rough country steering stabilizer. I hope it fixed the random vibes im getting.
14k9zwp.jpg

also got my other axle finished up to swap in. im also going to put a 3in long add a leaf in when i swap the axle.
21ppvp.jpg

im going to order 3in lift coils when i get paid in a week. unless i could find used? I'm planning to get fat bobs coils cause there $100.

I've decided when I put the add a leaves in I'm going to put stock shackles on to level it out more. and depending on how much rake ill still have i may try the v8 grand cherokee springs up front. im going this route instead if getting lift springs cause I dont want to get out of control with this cause its my dd.

Woah. It’s been 12 years since I’ve touched my own thread. WILD lol. It would take SOOO much time to explain how many transformations this xj has been through but I firmly believe I’m close to its final rendition. The only major changes to come are axles and paint. I also really want to slap a turbo setup on it soon.

I’ll try to post photos of it’s changed to now

Stick around for a bit - the long-desired forum SW upgrade is coming this month...

Back