• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rebuilt 4.0

Where is a good place to pick up a rebuilt 4.0 I've looked in to Carolina machine engines any other suggestions this is for a 1996 Cherokee.

If that is the one in Johnston, SC I was told that they do good work. I do not have any personal experiance with them though. Lenny, some on here know who I'm talking about, put one of their engines in a YJ and he said it was a good motor.

I really don't want a junk yard motor if i could find in with decent mile still in the jeep and hear it run then maybe, not looking to do a stroker its just a daily driver

price range would like to stay under $1600.

yes it the one in Johnston SC

I really don't want a junk yard motor if i could find in with decent mile still in the jeep and hear it run then maybe, not looking to do a stroker its just a daily driver

price range would like to stay under $1600.

yes it the one in Johnston SC

You should be able to find a reman. For that or less

If that's your budget then get 5.3 v8 and the conversion kit
Ha. If only it were just that simple. Me and other people would have them under our hood. Not to mention most need to have emissions testing

Back