• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Upgrade...

I've been very happy with the two row modine copy I got from
http://www.performanceradiator.com/

It's brass throughout its construction, and on my 88 MJ runs very cool.

I also did the open conversion on my 90 XJ with a 3 row GDI, and I have not been as impressed with its performance. It works, but not that much better than the stock one it replaced, IMHO.

I've only been running the GDI for approx. 3 years, and the performance radiator for < than a year, so FWIW.

Fred

shoot a PM to 5-90 and buy his book - he details a TON about radiatord and keeping cool.

-Ranger

Get a GDI 3-row from autozone, they run around $130 and have a lifetime warranty. You could even run a stick through it and they would give you a new one (as long as you hosed all the mud off first). Thats what I bought for my open cooling system conversion and it has been running a lot cooler now than it used to.

1990XJ4x4 said:
Get a GDI 3-row from autozone, they run around $130 and have a lifetime warranty. You could even run a stick through it and they would give you a new one (as long as you hosed all the mud off first). Thats what I bought for my open cooling system conversion and it has been running a lot cooler now than it used to.

I do have a two year old GDI 3 core and wouldn't try it again. Cooling isn't much better than the stock one I replaced. Filler neck is set at an angle, making filling harder than it should be.

For the $35 extra bucks I'd try something other than GDI again. My personal .02

Daryl

Back