• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "why cant i leave anything alone" mj build

Once I get running and wheeled a few times I'm going to do either super duty axles or 60/14 and maybe a junk yard 5.3 but I miss wheeling so rocking this set up for a lil. Idk how well it's do on 36s but plan on going bigger. It's got 4.88 gears and ordeing a arb or ox soon and some Reid's for high steering

Nice work! I went with larger radius bend dies, I am looking forward to see how tighter bends work out.

i went with the 6" on my blazer build to keep deformation down. wanted to try out the 4.5 with the dom and see how it goes. with MOLY tubing i really needed that bigger die. I think the 4.5 and thicker wall dom will look decent. I will be finding out soon. Going to have painted hoping this weeekend and some other goodies done.

Did a lil work last night. Got the steering shaft and temporary drag link in so i can move it around. Got the disty tightened up and winch and bumper on. winch all rope all rolled up and hooked to also. messed with the trans cooler lines and cooler a lil also. Should be working on brake lines and finishing trans cooler tonight.

Getting the old proportional valve off the lines was fun but i got it off with out breaking the lines

temporary drag link in

got some 8" lines from orielly today and hopefully i got all that i need for this

new winch looking good in its new home. pretty heavy set up. thinking my bro truck status is dropping lol

messed with fueling last night. Got tank drilled for the genright ring and mocked up. need to wire wheel the top of tank and seal it up tonight and run fuel line to hard line. And got all new orings for injectors so hopefully get all those buttoned up and maybe start this thing tonight. fingers crossed

my homemade sending unit extender lol hope the paint dont break down.

still have a ton to do. I been working alot of 10 and 12 hours days 7 days a week so that doesnt leave me much time to mess with it. i have the next two weekends off so this thing will hopefully be commando green and running and maybe have some new 1/4 wall dom steering and track bar also.

Got alot done this weekend Got first layer of paint on and got some parts in

brought it out side while cleaning.

ton of sanding

monstaliner was next

first layer went on last night. goin to finish it up tonight. still have 3/4 gallon left over

done with painting the cab just got to put all the trim on doors and get everything lined up. ended up doing 3 coats and still had about a quarter gallon left. pretty impressed with this stuff so far. only thing id recommend is grabbing a few more of the foam rollers. they do not last long and start falling apart rather quickly.

final product

bead locks painted also

added a few final touches to it.

need to pull it out when i get home and lightly spray some water to help it cure.

time for steering and exo now

looks good! I end up removing a lot of fresh paint during the build process. That stuff looks like it would put up a fight.

cabs like 95% done. need to put wipers on and some other odds and ends. pulled t case to get it painted and filled. putting in the AZZY design 4x4 shifter linkage also. then on to the raddesign placement maybe.

some finished product pics

radesign shifter

some freaking orange for ya. Prolly get to see this a few times while wheeling lol

Back