• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Downward Spiral

a little birdie told me the same thing.

Not done, I still need to build a front bumper but I got a loaner and some towhooks from an awesome dude. Thanks again Colin, MoparManiac, for hauling me all over the place. It isn't to often you find a guy as nice as this dude. Really, props! :patriot:

I am VERY happy with how it runs and drives. The Pitbulls did great and climbed everything I asked them to. The spring rates seem pretty good. I might adjust the rate stops just a hair but I'll get another run or two on them before I mess with them.

Anyway... I don't have many pictures but I know Adam, Dundy, has some good shots that will be up later. Here's the ones I got for now:

FirstRun.jpg

FirstRun2.jpg

FirstRun3.jpg

FirstRun4.jpg

FirstRun5.jpg

FirstRun6.jpg

FirstRun7.jpg

FirstRun8.jpg

FirstRun9.jpg

FirstRun10.jpg

Last edited:
:clap::party::cheers:

and climbing that 1st ledge in the video where he climbed it is not trivial. anything less than 35's has no chance of making it.

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just made a whole lot of pople REALLY happy with that video.
Thanks!
I'm REALLY happy as well!

and climbing that 1st ledge in the video is not trivial. anything less than 35's has no chance of making it.
Also went to another trail in that area and climbed some pretty good ledges, but I don't have those pictures. I'm sure Colin and Adam will comment as well.

and climbing that 1st ledge in the video is not trivial. anything less than 35's has no chance of making it.
i call bs, done it on 33's open open but with alot of win pedal, anyways awsome work Bill!

i call bs, done it on 33's open open but with alot of win pedal, anyways awsome work Bill!
The 8th picture was of the first run up that ledge... in 2wd. :roflmao:
As you know it gets harder as you get to the side.

Last edited:
The 8th picture was of the first run up that ledge... in 2wd. :roflmao:
As you know it gets harder as you get to the side.
i did kill my stock frt bumper and crustys tow hook brackets in the process all this wheelin goin on is pissin me off, the 98 may be doomed

jeep turned out like dog poop, bit white steaming dog poop .!.:D.!.

yes im mad i wasnt called about the shakedown run

ME TOO! I told him the same thing, and I told him I blame him for me crashing my Brairwood today. I wouldn't have been traveling down Rte 3 if someone had called me Bill....

:D

Bill, that's so sick!

I'm not going to lie, I had to save a few of those images to the hard drive. Looks really good Bill. 'grats!

BTW - How did the shorter Panhard do?

Scott

Last edited:
jeep turned out like dog poop, bit white steaming dog poop .!.:D.!.
ME TOO! I told him the same thing, and I told him I blame him for me crashing my Brairwood today. I wouldn't have been traveling down Rte 3 if someone had called me Bill....
:rolleyes: Mature...
Bill, that's so sick!

I'm not going to lie, I had to save a few of those images to the hard drive. Looks really good Bill. 'grats!
Thanks! Haha, go ahead.
BTW - How did the shorter Panhard do?
From when I was building the panhard:
RCman said:
From full bump to full droop my front axle moves a total of 13/16" side to side. Meaning from ride height to one or the other the axle moves 13/32" side to side. I don't think this is a huge amount over the total 12" of travel.
The whole front did excellent. I am very happy with how it reacts and preforms.
hammer down!!
Haha, not to much. ;)
Thanks Dude!

Back