• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Procomp xtreme mud terrains chunking badly

Cornfed-87XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have a set of 35's on my XJ. These tires provide great traction, but I have never had a set of tires chunk like this. They only have 7 trips on them all rock crawling. It's not from spinning tires. I am geared low and have lockers in both ends, and I run with 10 psi. I have several tread blocks on all four tires missing over half of the block and lots more with tears that will be torn on the next trip. I am starting to get concerned with the safety of the tires with the way a few of the tears look. I emailed procomp, but I have not heard back from them. I will give them a call tomorrow. I mostly needed to vent, and see if I am the only one having a problem with these tires. I also wanted to provide food for thought for anyone considering these for a Jeep that does mostly rock crawling.

good to know! i was looking at a set

get super swampers for the rocks! I think they are the best off-road tires period. They suck on the street, but if it's an off-road rig they're great. I have tsl's on mine and love them. But boggers, i-roks, etc. are all great tires.

I am not sure what I am going to do. I really can'tafford a new set if shoes, but a couple of the tears look like they might be getting into the carcass. I guess it's time to start saving my pennies.

if your worried about the tires holding up, i wouldn't. i've had mine for almost three years now and i had that gouge in the sidwall and lug ripped of to the first plys for about a year now. i drive it everyday and air down to around 10 psi when wheeling, and have never had a problem. i love these tires and would definitly concidering getting them again in a little bigger size next time!

I am not sure what I am going to do. I really can'tafford a new set if shoes, but a couple of the tears look like they might be getting into the carcass. I guess it's time to start saving my pennies.

Depending on when and where you bought them and if you have a tire warranty they may exchange them or warranty them out. If you bought them from 4WP they would try and work with you at least.

Yall are jacked up......... BFG's or go home!! :spin1:

Back