• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

price check....

nfm

NAXJA Forum User
I’m just putting my feelers out on this.
I’ve been thinking about making this “hardcore” or buying a rig that’s built.
What do you guys think I could get for this?

1999 Cherokee Sport,
165K on the odometer
Suspension: 3" Lift, Rancho RS5000 shocks Coils and add a Leaf
Tires: Trxus MT 31x10.50x15 (10k miles on them)
Wheels: Unique series 42 15x8's
Recovery: Warn M8000 self-recovery winch
Armor: ARB XJ Bull Bar
Red top
Aftermarket sunroof
CD player, kicker component set in door, infinity speakers in overhead
Oil changed regularly (2.5k to 3k)
New rear brakes (shoes spring kit)

Dents, dings, scratches, interior is fair, no trim.

Engine is solid, Tranny was overheated once,

IMAG0009.jpg

wheelin42.jpg

wheelin43.jpg

Last edited:
i wouldnt pay more then 3K for it, and thats if you have a paper trail. these jeeps dont hold there value as well as sellers let on.

its been wheeled, not too hard from the pictures but that means it has been used. also it doesn't have a high dollar lift, but thats just me picking and nagging. see if hes got and pictures and videos of it. that'll help see if its been babied or abused.

just my .02

XJ's are starting to hold their value better. The guys wanting to get into a new rig are finding the wranglers are too expensive and the XJs are just as capable and almost as many bolt-on upgrades these days. Just have to be patient enough to get a buyer.
I'd start asking around $3K MAYBE $3500.

i would say you could find a buyer for around 3000-3500... Basic mods.... leaves a lot that can be done for the next owner and they will have a good start

Ok, my .02, as a relatively new guy to this is I wouldn't pay 3k. Looking at the first pic, it looks like that fender is sitting on the tire with it raised up like that. I've hit roots and ruts that, if the suspension is that loose, would bottom that thing out. It's nice that he has the ARB bar and a winch on it, but the rear bumper, without the fender trim, looks like garbage. Sure, it has the extras to bring the price up a bit, but I still wouldn't pay 3k for it.

My .02

P.S.
My trash ideas are based on my time in the auto business, and why i may be biased as hell.

Ok, my .02, as a relatively new guy to this is I wouldn't pay 3k. Looking at the first pic, it looks like that fender is sitting on the tire with it raised up like that. I've hit roots and ruts that, if the suspension is that loose, would bottom that thing out. It's nice that he has the ARB bar and a winch on it, but the rear bumper, without the fender trim, looks like garbage. Sure, it has the extras to bring the price up a bit, but I still wouldn't pay 3k for it.

My .02

P.S.
My trash ideas are based on my time in the auto business, and why i may be biased as hell.

its probably still running factory bumps on with those 31's

Back