• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible silverado canyon run this week

skull_black

NAXJA Forum User
me and some of my tacoma buddies andre friends with toyota wrench
want to run it after the mud gets nice and sticky
ill keep you guys posted once i figure out the day and time and meeting spot (probly cooks corner for some good food =])

Hopefully the gates stay open.

i was just in holy, no mud (i wasnt looking for any but from what i can see, there was none) just the big holes filled with water. Alot of sheriffs out there. Just enjoy the ride and stay on the main road.
Jeff

no not holy jim this ones in the same area it would be a day trip and i believe it exits into corona so fill up before you hit the trail
and im sposed to go camping this weekend so it might be friday
if i dont go camping then ya either sat or sun

You will want to get in touch with the rangers and see if the gates are open. The area has been closed for a while due to the fires a couple of years ago. The last time I rode by (Oct) the gates were locked.

Gates have been open since late October. I live in Irvine, grew up in Orange Park Acres (just outside Santiago Cyn), and have grown up out in the canyon considering it was the closest thing to being out of the city.

History tells me that when it rains they shut the gates. I can make a swing by the gates in silverado Thursday to confirm if its open, tied up until then.

Or, you can try calling the rangers, but I've never had success getting in contact with them. Always a voicemail and never a return call. 951-955-1814 is the number listed on the signs at the gates.

Wish I could get out to wheel in the mud. Waiting on couple parts to arrive and don't think i'll get them and/or install prior to this weekends end.

I'll watch the tread and if needed will stop by Thursday evening and advise Friday morning what the gate situation is...

Back