• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics from Stevenson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Me, Karl, Joe, and Peter (3 rigs, 3 passengers) hit the trails today to kill a few hours. Was pretty fun. Not alot of trails out there but some definitely tricky spots.

We started here, with a little air down, it was a gorgeous day.
stevenson05.jpg

Tight squeeze, I actually put the new bumper to use on this section, saved my quarter panels from a tree for sure.
stevenson06.jpg

Karl workin it, he doesnt have a ton of belly clearance, but 35's, dual cases, and lockers get him thru pretty good
stevenson07.jpg

Awesome scenery
stevenson08.jpg

stevenson13.jpg

Peter's 4Runner
stevenson10.jpg

stevenson12_001.jpg

There were lots of downed trees out there, we managed to get Peter stuck real good on this one. Pinned between his tire and crossmember
stevenson16.jpg

Hillclimb action
stevenson18.jpg

stevenson19.jpg

Now here's a real NW style trail, big ruts filled with rocks, trees, and mud.
stevenson22.jpg

More big ruts, my rear right was in a huge hole that I was coming up out of
stevenson21.jpg

End of day, airing up quick with the York, who wants to wash my Jeep?
stevenson24.jpg

I haven't yet got pics from the other guy there with a camera, but I am sure he has alot more of them. Here are the links to the rest of my gallery...

http://gitout.com/v-web/gallery/v/Readers-Rides/JR/stevenson307/

I would say that we were actually treading quite lightly. There's alot of soupy mud in those spots, which is why it looks like theres alot flingin around.

Stevenson is out hwy 14 around Cascade Locks, we take 84 out and crossed the toll bridge there.

WheelinJR said:
I would say that we were actually treading quite lightly. There's alot of soupy mud in those spots, which is why it looks like theres alot flingin around.

I don't think CanMan was speaking of that.

A few of the pictures look like theres not much of a trail present, kinda looks as if your just creating you own...

railroadjeep said:
I don't think CanMan was speaking of that.

A few of the pictures look like theres not much of a trail present, kinda looks as if your just creating you own...
Yes, I was talking about the 2nd and 3rd pic. In the 3rd pic, you can clearly see the trail behind the Isuzu(?). The 2rd, looks like there is no trail present. Also the Toy looks to be in the river and no trail on the othe side? Going off of what I see. Not trying to be a hard ass about it, just that you've posted up pics before of not so legal stuff.

CanMan said:
Yes, I was talking about the 2nd and 3rd pic. In the 3rd pic, you can clearly see the trail behind the Isuzu(?). The 2rd, looks like there is no trail present. Also the Toy looks to be in the river and no trail on the othe side? Going off of what I see. Not trying to be a hard ass about it, just that you've posted up pics before of not so legal stuff.

I agree, looks like 2 and 3 need to be removed from this thread. The river one is hard to tell. Otherwise nice pics!

We were ON TRAILS, all day. There are two creek crossings on Stevenson. The creek crossing pic you see we were actually returning from where we came from. It doesn't look like it gets wheeled up there much, there were alot of sections where the trails would look normal, then look like they've barely been touched because a tree had fallen and people were just turning back. We were the only people up there.

Plenty of people have wheeled with me here and know I don't roll like that.

that is a sweet trooper... It makes me miss my suzie :(
l_84b89f97096af05806b6f52416bbfdbd.jpg

Time for the re-education camp maybe?

http://www.treadlightly.org/

The problem here is not just whether or not you were on a legitimate trail, it's whether our sport's detractors think you were off the trail. Their perceptions become their reality....and it makes us all look bad.

I will take your word for it that you were on a legal and legitimate trail. I would ask that you not post photos that leave any uncertainty. You affect my ability to enjoy my sport when you do that.

John90XJ said:
Time for the re-education camp maybe?

http://www.treadlightly.org/

The problem here is not just whether or not you were on a legitimate trail, it's whether our sport's detractors think you were off the trail. Their perceptions become their reality....and it makes us all look bad.

I will take your word for it that you were on a legal and legitimate trail. I would ask that you not post photos that leave any uncertainty. You affect my ability to enjoy my sport when you do that.

Well said. As usual.

Well, I will say that if we were off the trail, I wasn't able to tell and was completely unaware. If you guys want to have a moderator delete those pictures from the thread you can, I don't mind.

We were going around a fallen tree, but it appeared to us that this was something that was previously laid out and driven thru quite a bit as a bypass, not something new.

If by some chance I am wrong about it being a bypass, then woops, I'll have to be more careful next time, but honestly it did seem like a premade trail to me.

I think we've seen the point here. Thanks to everyone for their comments on the matter. What's done is done and folks have probably learned from it. ;)

Closing this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back