• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance mods I'm looking into

Yeah high 13's is certainly possible with a supercharged/turbocharged stroker or with a 100 shot of nitrous on a 4.0, but I don't think anyone's reached high 13's with a stroker alone. I could certainly do it if I stripped out a lot of weight and fitted a set of drag slicks. The only problem is that I can't find drag slicks where I live. :(

JeepinAudiophile said:
http://www.thefastman.com/Throttlebodies40.asp
I had the jeepersandcreepers tb on my 95', this time around on my 00' i used a FastMan throttlebody...not much more expensive, and it seemed to me to be a better product.

Pretty much all the stuff in my sig. I like. I REALLY like my exhaust, it's pretty quiet compared to my old flowmaster series 40 deltaflow, but it sounds much better and doesn';t have the same extremely annoying resonances that my flowmaster did... my parents like my new exhaust much better also...lol I'm going to update the link so you can hear my exhaust.
here: http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/417fb9d7_289c/bc/Audio+Clips/2000+Jeep+XJ+Exhaust+Long-Loud.wav?CCuawxBBGk2Y2e.C
Could you update the link? I'd like to hear it. :wave:

fa shizzle! anyone know of a better site that I can host audio on?

dothedew24_7, these distributors use a less reliable/ accurate vaccum advance instead of the computer controlled timing of the oem system to use this you would have to run an aftermarket ignition controller. That is a lot of work for verry little if any gain. The only ignition upgrades that are really worth it are a good set of plug wires. I run an msd 6a ignition and I didn't get any real gain but it does run a lot smoother.

40620-1.jpg

I love the sound of my mac exhaust. I had a flowmaster before and it sucked. However my older model 87 jeep sounded bad ass with the flow. So does my brothers 89-------Kyle

aight- I just saw them being installed in one of my JP magazines I had laying around and got curious. (needed a new distrib at the time anyways)
CW said:
dothedew24_7, these distributors use a less reliable/ accurate vaccum advance instead of the computer controlled timing of the oem system to use this you would have to run an aftermarket ignition controller. That is a lot of work for verry little if any gain. The only ignition upgrades that are really worth it are a good set of plug wires. I run an msd 6a ignition and I didn't get any real gain but it does run a lot smoother.

40620-1.jpg

Back