• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Peace out WJ, hello short bed 67 GMC

Alright system went in easy enough and sounds as well as I was hoping for.
I am very satisfied with the amp I went with. Everything fits in the glove box and the speakers and bass shakers are out of sight to keep the stock look.
20140731_160307.jpg

20140731_160252.jpg

20140731_160216.jpg

20140731_160159.jpg

Got some gold zinc valve covers along with an air cleaner from the 50s off an oldmobile.
Ripped out the headers to repaint. Repainted the fender wells flat black.
Block and heads are now a glossy black.
New water pump. Painted the brake reservoir and hood hinges. I do need to paijt the alternator bracket, but under the hood is there now.
Pretty pumped, it's my style and clean.
20140809_114410.jpg

20140808_081048.jpg

Where'd you get that air cleaner????? I have been looking all over for one for my '46 Olds. LOVE that air cleaner, but want it non-chrome.

It's getting serious around here. Before I busted out the da I decided to give my old compressor some more power. Peace the **** out nasty crap on the side of the truck. Tomorrow comes the plasti dip
20140809_155428.jpg

20140809_134732.jpg

Last edited:
When I get a real paint job it will have a white top.
The white top with rattle platidip didnt come out that well so I took it off. This stuff sprayed out real nice with a wagner

Thanks for the air cleaner link Anthony! A bit pricey, but in line with vintage ones at the swap meets that I've passed on. I'm looking to make a small block chevy look like a 50's Olds engine...... like this:

Fake_olds_engine.JPG

Truck looks good Anthony. :thumbup: Can't get that rattle stuff to work huh? It does need a white roof......

just a little fyi that I've learned about plastidip spray cans. If you soak them in hot water for a little bit. They spray much better and alot more even.

Truck is looking good! Cant wait until you drop it. I will warn you. Dropping it will only satisfy you for a short time. Mine didn't last long with static drop. Lol.

Thanks Kronik, I have dropped a truck before. Bags are for grocieries :)
But honestly, as cool as air bags sound I have never ridden in a bagged vehicle or talked to long term owners in person. I need to pick someones brain before making the plunge. Hopefully I can bug you about your build and experience with bags. They are super foreign to me

Last edited:
honestly. The only problems I have had are my own damn fault. Lol. I've had 2 air lines touch the exhaust and blow a hole in them. Easily fixed though.
As long as you do things correctly. Air bags are very reliable. Clearance on the bags so the dont rub. Lines ran properly. Etc.
as far as ride goes. Its better than any truck I have ever been in.
You have adjustability in the suspension to make it ride how you want. Bumpy road? Just air it down a bit and it will cushion the ride.
when my truck is fully lifted. 90 psi or higher. It rides like a stock truck.
Then you get to where you are going and you lay it on the ground and people freak out. Lol.

I could carry 10,000 lbs worth of groceries with my bags. And I don't get stuck on speed bumps. Hahahaha

Looking good! I have a lot of work to do to get mine looking that good.

White plati-dip is garbage. I have tried multiple times to use it on multiple surfaces and it never turned out.

As for bags, that is the way I'm going. Like kronik said, if you get a quality system and run the lines proper and don't let the bags rub, you will get a good setup that will last a long time. Also good to look into going through your suspension components as well if you haven't already. I know a lot of people who run them in their old muscle cars for track use. As long as you have good shocks you will have good response. You slam it and you have perfect center of gravity so spring rate does not matter. The bags pretty much keep you stuck and any slight bump in the track is absorbed by the shocks.

My arm is sore from beating off nuts. Haha
All day I was messing with removing factory leaf springs. Stripped 2 bolts. Had to cut 1 on both sides, then hammer out seized bolt. It's almost out. Gawd.
Should have the rear done tomorrow with new hardware though. This whore will be lower!

Back