• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Patriot the new XJ?

they can have it, none of the new generation Jeep vehicles interest me at all, even the new wrangler isn't doing it. Oh well plenty of used XJ and TJs around.

I don't think the Patriot is the new XJ, I think the 4 door Wrangler is. The wheel base is longer than an XJ and the Rubi and off road package make it pretty capable right out of the box. Hard top, it looks a heck of a lot like a modernized XJ. I'm sure the lift options will come quickly. Throw on some 35's and with minor modifcations except for better gearing (losing the 4.10's) you have a great machine.

No sir I don't like it. It is just another grocery getting hauling kids around SUV (glorified minivan).

Bring back the Real Cherokee

Rocketman said:
I don't think the Patriot is the new XJ, I think the 4 door Wrangler is. The wheel base is longer than an XJ and the Rubi and off road package make it pretty capable right out of the box. Hard top, it looks a heck of a lot like a modernized XJ. I'm sure the lift options will come quickly. Throw on some 35's and with minor modifcations except for better gearing (losing the 4.10's) you have a great machine.
What he said.

I still haven't warmed up to the Wrangler yet but out of the line up it is the only one that matches.

PAtriot Review.

http://www.expeditionswest.com/equipment/reviews/patriot/index.htm

Interesting new review of the Patriot's off road ability.

Obviously I don't think the Patriot can replace the XJ. My 3 XJ's combined for almost 600,000 hard miles. I have a Liberty too and think it is a decent but boring ride. The Patriot might work for me on my 60 mile daily commute and weekend striper fishing on the beach. Less than 20k, 30 mpg, and apparantly passable offroad ability are attention getters.

Last edited:
Back