• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts.

american_zero

NAXJA Forum User
It looks like I'll have a couple weeks off from my MBA program while it's still summer, so I made a couple of purchases today. :cheers: Bought a set of Centric premium rotors and Black Magic brake pads from Savvy Offroad and then a new Moog ZJ tie rod setup from Amazon.com (I love Prime!). The brakes on my '93 have sucked since I bought it and only got worse after taking it to Tahoe a couple months back, and while there isn't anything wrong with the stock steering the ZJ stuff is beefy enough to give me peace of mind while hitting the trails.

Next up, either a caster alignment with the stock control arms or maybe a set of adjustables from Iron Rock Offroad. I like the idea of IRO's arms using stock rubber bushings since this is a 99.5% on road DD and I want to keep the NVH down as much as possible.

I also have a set of MJ shackles to install.

A possible multi-night camping trip to Bodie Ghost town in a few weeks has sparked the buying bug.

That is all. Back to homework :paperwork

This morning I installed Centric Premium rotors, Black Magic brake pads, TJ rear brake line and bled the entire system really well. I've only started bedding in these pads but they are already a huge improvement over the junk that was on there.

Rotors are very nice, thick, heavy and the non-swept areas are painted black to prevent rust.
IMAG0360.jpg

Setup on the Jeep.
IMAG0361.jpg

After some break in time, I can say these work absolutely great. They stop the Jeep with authority!

Back