• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out: '97 2wd 4dr XJ, '86 MJ long bed

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Just aquired these - gonna do a quick part out marathon on these and scrap 'em hopefully Monday.

dutchmj2.jpg

dutchmj1.jpg

'86 MJ:
-Good running 4cyl/BA5/231
-4" lift parts/stock leafs with payload add-a-leaf
-non-disco D30 (unknown gear ratio)
-D30 4:88 gear set
-Rear D35 with 4:88's and flipped spring mounts with an added 1" lift.
-JKS discos (need some TLC)
-Home brew track bar bracket brace (spans the frame rails from the TB bracket to the pass. side frame rail going under the oil pan.)
-Rusty's tow hook brackets and hooks
-Rusty's steering
-Fixed 3" lift LCA's
-Homebrew adjustable/greaseable UCA's
-Rancho 3" coils and 1" aluminum spacers
-Aftermarket sun roof (large - nearly 2/3rds of the MJ roof) easily removed and re-installed.
-Does not have the hood vents as shown.

The cab/floors and doors are pretty rusty and the 4cyl appears to be a later model than '86...... the wiring is all cobbled together to make it "work". The bed is straight with a few small rust spots, good tail lights and tail gate so I'm gonna cut the bed/frame away for a trailer if anyone is interested.

97xj.jpg

'97 2wd 4dr XJ:
-217K miles, junk engine, good 2wd AX15 trans.
-29 spline 8.25 - most likely 3:07 gears
-Very straight white body panels.
-Decent to nice light gray interior.
-Good Kenwood stereo
-The tires/wheels are junk. Only two (shown) are unbent, the other two are destroyed.

Last edited:
HPd30 4.88 gears? How much?

Brand?

Depends on how much of an asshat I end up looking like if I ever figure out 1/4 scale RTI ramp joke.......... Might be EXPENSIVE. :moon:

might be interested in doors. power?

also, how do the flares look?

Nope, doors are cranks. The '97 is a base SE model - ZERO options. I'm putting the door panels in Heep III so I can finally get rid of the tan ones it has.

It only has 3 flares - 2 fronts, driver's rear. All solid, but sun faded.

LOL! Follow the rules ya phreaks......... prices are discussed back channel! :twak:

:D

LOL - damn! Phreakin' vultures out there! 22 PM's in the last hour about parts....... :roflmao:

BTW, for now anyway, I'm keeping the following from the '97:
-Complete header panel
-All 4 interior door panels and window cranks
-Front flare/bracket set

Phenders - sold to Freerider15 - only 'cause I wanna see that Juggy get some skins... :thumbup:
4:88 D30 gear set - Frank has claimed dibs........ dunno that he's earned it though........ :D

If I decide to make a trip to foco this weekend I can deliver fenders if neccicary! Been wanting to get up there for a while now.

Damnit! I need gears... :(

I sent you a PM about the doors....if they aren't gone already! I need to get rid of these hideous flames! LMAO

Back