• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paragon run on the 29th..who's in

gabe4 said:
It looks like we will have folks for at least Sat. not sure about Sunday. Also the level will be in the area of blue 1's & 2's.

For Blues 1 and 2, I'm in for Saturday.

08:30 sounds good for meet-up at the park.

Rob

I might be camping also, what time are your guys heading out there Friday?

--Matt

Its a tent, it just has 4wd.

At least I close my hatch.

--Matt

Andy in Pa. said:
Hmmm... does sleeping in the back of your Jeep count as camping??:wierd:
It's better than one of my coworkers. He was just mentioning today how he always double checks to make sure there will be electricity to run the TV and DVD player in his tent...:banghead:

As much as I hate to say this, I'm not going to be able to make this run. My Jeep only has one axle under it at the moment, and I just don't think that I'l be able to install my new front axle, remove and replace my rear axle, and put all the brakes back together. That, and finances are really tight for me right now. I still haven't paid off my NAC-fest trip. You guys have a good time without me.

Matt

hey mambeu numbah 5... i have the exact same things as you to do it seems like... lets have a race!

yup thats right, the heep currently has no axles under it, and it seems like my 44 wont be geared till friday morning, and it needs brakes and hard lines...

cutting it close???

OH BTW!! anyone have any spare d30 shafts... i am almost gonna guarantee a break, and i have no spares.

lunchbox643 said:
44 wont be geared till friday morning

I did that once.

Broke the gears in driving to Paragon. God did that take forever.

Drive, read a few chapters, drive some more, more reading.

You better get crackin.

--Matt

egon said:
I did that once.

Broke the gears in driving to Paragon. God did that take forever.

Drive, read a few chapters, drive some more, more reading.

You better get crackin.

--Matt
nhrocker and bj-666 both went down to nac fest on brand new gears

Mambeu said:
As much as I hate to say this, I'm not going to be able to make this run. My Jeep only has one axle under it at the moment, and I just don't think that I'l be able to install my new front axle, remove and replace my rear axle, and put all the brakes back together. That, and finances are really tight for me right now. I still haven't paid off my NAC-fest trip. You guys have a good time without me.

Matt
I knew you were looking to get 44's is that wjhat this is or did something go south?

Yeah, new axles right before NACfest was real fun. I managed to squeeze in 300 miles of break in time and swapped in some fresh gear oil right before heading down. If I hadn't I probably would have toasted my new gears on the trip down...

And lunchbox, I broke a 297 joint on the first morning I was down there on 30" tires. I didn't think it would be a problem for me, man was I wrong. I would go and buy some spares since you say you're going to be on 35's. Luckily lobsterdmb had that spare that I borrowed, but I don't like having to rely on others for something that I should have prepaired for. Just my $.02.

i might be attending with a friend of mine, if we both are not working on saturday, won't know until friday afternoon..... so its a possibility i might me making my first trip with the jeep....

nhrocker said:
Yeah, new axles right before NACfest was real fun. I managed to squeeze in 300 miles of break in time and swapped in some fresh gear oil right before heading down. If I hadn't I probably would have toasted my new gears on the trip down...

And lunchbox, I broke a 297 joint on the first morning I was down there on 30" tires. I didn't think it would be a problem for me, man was I wrong. I would go and buy some spares since you say you're going to be on 35's. Luckily lobsterdmb had that spare that I borrowed, but I don't like having to rely on others for something that I should have prepaired for. Just my $.02.

yup, thats how im gonna be rolling in... i just hope that 1 full set of front spares will be enough.

also oh boy.. got the front in today - the steering. the rear will officially be ready to go in the truck friday after lunch... with no brakes. that gives me friday afternnoon to get a rear end in with all new brakes, and break it in.

edit: wish me luck!

Back