• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Our net nanny is now blocking You Tube

XJ Dreamin'

NAXJA Forum User
I wonder why? :shhh:

Oh well. Not a great loss I suppose. Mediocrity is still mediocre, no matter how much of it there might be.

On a side note: I've taken to using the Google Toolbar search as a handy spelling check. Type the word in question into Google and it will give you that "Did you mean to search for ----." I typed in 'mediocrity' and the first link lead to this:

mediocrity.jpg

That is the attitude of a surprising number of people. I don't know...maybe I'm just having a crapful day.

red91inWA said:
ask mom what the super secret password is for turning off net-nanny.

OR...is this a fetish thing for you?

I don't know...I guess they figured that people were wasting time browsing YouTube. There couldn't be anything offensive on there, could there?

They were using passwords from 15 years ago, back in the old Data General, green-screen, text only days. About a year ago they started using new ones. I haven't figured them out, yet. The net nanny is way above me anyhow. It sits on our portal in DC. I can't see myself hacking into the AgDept servers.

My work net connection blocks everything that is not catogorized as:

Goverment
Travel
Media (as in TV and Radio)
Weather

That means pretty much nothing gets through, including this site.

Rev

Rev, Rev, Rev..... you need a tame SSH forwarding server outside the firewall.....

mdl said:
Million dollar question: Why are you running net nanny?

Well, I guess it's actually websense or something like that. It's not me...it's the powers that be...upstairs, so to speak :wink:

I lock my network here down tight too, block alot of ports on the internal lans 5 subnets, course my 5 workstations are on the 0 subnet and thats not blocked to the outside, so I never notice it but then only my 5 machines are on it.

They just started blocking that and ebay here... guess there were too many peeps surfing and killing the bandwidth than working...
Now, you should still be able to get google videos to work! :D

artsifrtsi said:
They just started blocking that and ebay here... guess there were too many peeps surfing and killing the bandwidth than working...
Now, you should still be able to get google videos to work! :D

10-4 on the Google video.

It's a shame the music sucks so bad.

Even this one works. A bit scary though :scared:

Gettin' a little too close to the Den, there. Sorry.

Back