• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Orbital valve location

Jump This

Just another minion!
I'm at the point of installing the full hydro system on my buggy.
Where have you installed your orbital valve? I'm thinking about running the steering shaft out to the frame rail and mounting the valve there. It seems to me I've seen some mounted on the fire wall. Any picts of yours?
With the pump so high on a Cherokee, getting the oil tank mounted above it appears to difficult. I'm thinking about cutting a hole in the hood and letting the top sit 1" above the hood line. My hood sits a couple of inches lower than a stock hood does.

Mine is mount right where the old sreering box was located. I am running the stock pump and tank with a tractor supply oil filter for extra volume.

I got it of a forklift, and I do not remember the specs but I sized everything around it to go lock to lock in 3.5 turns. Steers 42"s in the rocks just fine. It didn't like it much at first until I added the extra vlume from the filter, now it doesn't overheat.

Outlet of my reservoir is inline with the pump inlet. Haven't had a problem with full hydro and hydroboost, just had to notch the hood crossmember.

photobucket-2833-1313872618974.jpg

Here is what I did. Also thinking that the res. will sit in front with a cooler mounted in the wheel well area. Hoping to find one with a fan that will fit.

if you leaving the wheel well open, would something like this work for you?

all52100-lg.jpg

granted it may not cool aswell as rad style cooler w/fan, but if the wells are open it should breath well, and fit along the frame rail.

or maybe

13200%20Power%20Steering%20Cooler%20copy.jpg%20CUT.jpg

with the added capacity of a cooler, after market res, hose... a fan may not be needed.

I made a bracket that drops the stock pump about 4" lower to sit almost on top of the lower radiator hose. The reservoir can than sit directly over top depending on what you have. I used an extra stock pulley and made my own tensioner above it. I had someone make a CAD drawing of it but I never got a copy. I need to get it since everyone is looking for a way to move the pump location. I only have about 20hrs of fab time in it with trial and error. :doh:

I made a bracket that drops the stock pump about 4" lower to sit almost on top of the lower radiator hose. The reservoir can than sit directly over top depending on what you have. I used an extra stock pulley and made my own tensioner above it. I had someone make a CAD drawing of it but I never got a copy. I need to get it since everyone is looking for a way to move the pump location. I only have about 20hrs of fab time in it with trial and error. :doh:

Well, get off your *** and get the cad drawing here. How about a picture of what you did?

lol, I'm working on it. Waiting on the guy to send me the CAD file so I can at least have someone convert it for me. I have a freebie cad program I doubt it's compatible with. The finished bracket itself is happily living on a buggy not in my possession and the template is waiting for me to pick up this Saturday. On top of that, I don't think I ever took any pics of it. :wstupid:

Back