• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Optima Yellow top in RV?

I have never once had an issue sending a battery back to interstate for warranty. If I test it, it shows bad. I pull it out and put in a new one for the customer to use. Then I trickle it for a day or so and retest. If it tests good, I let it sit for about a week, then retest. If it still shows good, then the customer gets their battery back, and the loaner goes back on the shelf. If it ever tests bad, the customer is called and told, sometimes they need to come in and pay a prorate, sometimes they are all done. I have never had an issue doing this with interstate.

I think it probably depends on the store more than anything else.

JohnX said:
I have never once had an issue sending a battery back to interstate for warranty. If I test it, it shows bad. I pull it out and put in a new one for the customer to use. Then I trickle it for a day or so and retest. If it tests good, I let it sit for about a week, then retest. If it still shows good, then the customer gets their battery back, and the loaner goes back on the shelf. If it ever tests bad, the customer is called and told, sometimes they need to come in and pay a prorate, sometimes they are all done. I have never had an issue doing this with interstate.

I think it probably depends on the store more than anything else.

You want to train %90 of our dealers for us? LOL

Back