• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OIL pressure REALLY High

ruffrich26

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ I had the oil changed recently to a 5w-30 and then took it to the cliffs for some off roading fun..

Got back and I noticed my oil pressure is really really high it stays at 80 from the second I turn the vehicle on till the second I turn it off the only time it comes down is when I come to a stop light and put the vehicle in neutral also noticed that the temperature gauge is sitting higher too at around 210-215. Normally oil pressure will be at 40 when stopped and about 60 when I accelerate. Tonight I am changing the oil sending unit to a new one and also changing the thermostat to a 180 hoping that it fixes the problem if not what else could it be and how can I fix it? Thank you

As Rev said stay away from the 180 stat, get a 195 which is what is supposed to be in there. Check your radiator for mud and such blocking the radiator.

I had that problem. Happened right after an oil change. Did another oil change right away. Problem solved. I suspect it was a defective filter.

Back