• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Unoficial Sierra Chapter Snow Wheeling, Jan 2

this sounds like fun .But difine s**dont su** . Def of my sh** is limited rear at31's and D rings front and hook in rear hitch . How may people are bring the family or am I about to hook up with the wong goup and menality .My family ranges from 10 month's to 35 years old .Im trying to feel the crowd out

I think (and I might be wrong) what Matt is saying when he says "make sure your stuff don’t suck!" is for everyone to put the time in to make sure your rig is running good. Just do a good once over and check everything out, just so it is not going to make it 1 mile into the snow and blow up, then the rest of us spend the rest of the day pulling your junk off the trail. Or worse, more rigs break trying to pull the one broken one off the trail . . .

I think we all know parts break and bad things can happen, but if we all try our best to have a good running/well maintained rig it will make for a more enjoyable day. Right Nick?

I would like to say this is a family run, but it depends on the family. A bad word or two might be heard spoken in this group, but I think most here try hard to make everyone feel welcome.

That help?

sounding better already .Elmo as my girls call the jeep is the wifes DD It works great was recovered well from most disaters so far never left us stranded .Then agin I tend to prepar for the worst (old boy scout)

I might be in, Open/Open on 4.5" Lift and 31 STT's
Class III Hitch for rear Tow point.
I don't have front Tow points though, I need a Cheap/Quick way to add some Tow points to the front ?
Something that won't Rip from the Unibody.

I'm in.. open/open but not afraid!! Are youngsters and YJ's allowed? I have a 13 and 14 year old that would love to play in the snow.. Thanks

I am planning on bringing my son, 10, and doing some sledding at some point.

Josh

this sounds like fun .But difine s**dont su** . Def of my sh** is limited rear at31's and D rings front and hook in rear hitch . How may people are bring the family or am I about to hook up with the wong goup and menality .My family ranges from 10 month's to 35 years old .Im trying to feel the crowd out

If you have never gone out with anyone from this club before I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Everyone I have met has been very friendly and respectful of everyone, kids present or not.

Josh

Well i just found out my work will be closed & i found a set of chains for my 35's. It is looking better on making it out.

How may people are bring the family or am I about to hook up with the wong goup and menality
If you have never gone out with anyone from this club before I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Everyone I have met has been very friendly and respectful of everyone, kids present or not.
I'd also add that people around here take the Tread Lightly thing seriously, which is really important. The people I've wheeled with have been good groups.

I think (and I might be wrong) what Matt is saying when he says "make sure your stuff don’t suck!" is for everyone to put the time in to make sure your rig is running good. Just do a good once over and check everything out, just so it is not going to make it 1 mile into the snow and blow up, then the rest of us spend the rest of the day pulling your junk off the trail. Or worse, more rigs break trying to pull the one broken one off the trail . . .

I think we all know parts break and bad things can happen, but if we all try our best to have a good running/well maintained rig it will make for a more enjoyable day. Right Nick?

I would like to say this is a family run, but it depends on the family. A bad word or two might be heard spoken in this group, but I think most here try hard to make everyone feel welcome.

That help?
Dave is right.

Wheeling is a lot more enjoyable if you dont break every 5 feet (Seems Ive done that on a couple trips though!) Obviously breaking is just part of the fun, but if you know your engine is about to blow, or your tranny likes to fall out, I would prefer you not come, at least as a driver.

However, I dont know of anyone thats Jeep is that bad so I wouldnt worry about it. I threw that in more as a "I told you so!" sort of thing.

If this was a snow run without snow I would be down to go, I hate the cold though. Have fun!
Come on Ed! You old guys need to get out and enjoy the fresh air. :D

I'd also add that people around here take the Tread Lightly thing seriously, which is really important. The people I've wheeled with have been good groups.
Everyone I have wheeled with on NAXJA takes great pride in wheeling responsibly and staying on the trail. Thats just one of the many reasons why this is such a great club.

In regards to bringing family, I dont see why not. Usually things stay in control, and especially with the possibility of women and children coming.

Shoot, Im dragging my dad along, and he acts like a 10 year old! Granted he looks like a skinny Santa, but he sure doesnt act his age.

I have to wrench on the wife a bit she seams like she whants to go so far. SO as far as the wheeling location is bald mountain am I understading this right for some rearson link dont work for me ? I know where the meeting place is though.

Evo-

How old? This will be my Daughters first trip as a part time driver (permit). She's 15.75 (almost 16).

This trip is still Mormon Emmigrant Rd. correct?

sooo...whats the day plan? wheno we plan on returning? also, i have a cooler im bringing that can heat or cool depening on how you plug it in. im not bringing a cooler worth of food. so there will be space if people want food kept warm for when ever lunch will be..if enough people want to use it, ill bring it, if not then ill just leave it at home.

any one have the fulblown google earth to see if this road even has snow on it.I would look my self but dont have it .Hope fully more snow comes by the 2nd. head from a freind that snow is gone below 7000 nothing good to play in.

Back