• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official:New Years Hangover Camping Trip 2015

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
With the discussion of the Hangover Noob run, I have since decided to change "My" plans and make a camping trip..

I didn't get enough "wheelin/campin" at the turkeyday run.. Sorry if this changes plans for the other run..

Anyone is welcome to come, I will be "Snow wheeling" my lifted commander and bringing my two oldest boys.

Right now the tentative plan is for Horsecamp (TSF/Browns) as it best facilitates a winter camp out.

I am planning for very cold conditions and likely snow at camp.

I'll be up there thursday January 1st, thru Sunday jan 4th, I encourage everyone to make it out and kick off the new year, My resolution is to do more camping.. What better way to start it off?

:cheers:

Re: Official:New Years Hangover Camping trip 2015

Hmmm...... I would have to bring my big hunting tent with wood stove if I'm going to camp up there then. If I can talk my brother into it I'm in....

I am seriously thinking about making the trek for this one....

Official:New Years Hangover Camping trip 2015

Time off from work approved. The Boring family will be departing from Boring 6pm December 31st.

At this rate I don't see the snow happening

But we still have 3 weeks to surprise us

Negative, Crazymaci.

This will be at the Tillamook state forest. Located in Northwest oregon

I'm going camping up there regardless of snow. I need time out of town.

With that said.. I dont plan to leave the gravel roads.. so for "me" this wont be a wheeling trip.. Snow would make it alot more fun

I may come to wheel, not sure yet. If its ok with Scott I'll try to get another xj or 2 to join me...

Where will this group be New Years day? Josh( jeepboy381) and I were talking about coming up with his XJ and my MJ maybe later morning to wheel with you guys for the the day and into the night. Is Dustin going with the nail salon? If you guys have a for sure plan that you can give us we will be able to meet up for sure!

I'll either be up thursday night or friday afternoon.. I'll either be at Horsecamp or Lyda..

It's not good here at the Boring house. Boring mom and Boring son have been sick since the snow run. Even if they heal by tomarrow they will not like the trip.

So Boring family is OUT!

I'm sure my Boring day off this Friday is going to turn into a not so Boring day of :puke::puke: so I don't plan on canceling that.

Decided yesterday that the lack of interest meant Solo-camping, and I'm not really up for that right now (I have a cold)

So, Got up this morning bright and early.. Got up to rogers at 8:15.. walked around for 15 minutes (theres a light amount of snow!)

Drove up by archers, adventured over to crushers, and then back around and over ruthersferd road.. Kind of nerve racking driving in the snow, solo.. with no winch/Cell service.. so I hopped on the highway, did lunch at Colemans.. and then ventured out Highway 26 and looped around the vernonia area before coming back into portland..

Was good to get out of town for a few hours.. Maybe a camping trip will work out in a couple weeks..

I will be down if I can ever find an ax15e housing and parts. Haven't gotten to run anything in awhile cause of little issues here and there. We used to do a run at dickey every year, just drive til we get stuck and snow canp for a few days. I miss that. Last one was up near joyce lake, 3' of snow and some good times.

Back