• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official MWC Pumpkinfest planning thread

Wish I could make it...a buddy is getting married that day...sorry!

Would have been able to bring some homebrew of my own...Milk Stout. Still bottling of course until I can find room for a kegerator.

Less, I'm brewing a pumpkin spice ale either Sunday or Monday. I've got several ideas for a recipe but am eager to hear your method. PM if you like to avoid further thread stealage.

Dirk Pitt said:
Wish I could make it...a buddy is getting married that day...sorry!

Would have been able to bring some homebrew of my own...Milk Stout. Still bottling of course until I can find room for a kegerator.

Less, I'm brewing a pumpkin spice ale either Sunday or Monday. I've got several ideas for a recipe but am eager to hear your method. PM if you like to avoid further thread stealage.

Uh, the Pumpkin Ale was brewed by our official MWC Brewmeister, Beezil. He does all-grain, and while I helped him brew it, I don't recall the details - we were of course sampling our homebrews. His research showed huge variations in recipes for pumpkin ales.

Back on topic, I will be bringing a few quarts of my oatmeal stout to sample, in addition to the Irish ale, and possibly there will be a little left of my last brew as well :cheers:

jeeplas said:
What time?

Anytime after, say, noon, 1, 2, whenever. I'm thinking I'll fire up the turkey fryer around 3 or 4. Looking forward to it.

Looks like some rain in the morning but clearing around noon. Should be a good night for a fire!

I'm planning on coming up Saturday ... driving the car this time. Not interested in driving the XJ with all those "Illinois Road Racers" :eyes: like the last trip north (Brewfest). Now I can drive just as crazy ... using about half the gas and 2/3 the time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Les

Beezil said:
rain sucks
Tell me about it. I've got a soccer match (to play in, not watch) in a few hours.

Sneak Preview!

standard

Cheese Cake!

Beezil said:
still comin?
Oh yea. The game's at 2:00 in Lansing so I'll be heading straight out from there.
I'm planning on the alcohol killing off the pnemonia.

kid4lyf said:
Tell me about it. I've got a soccer match (to play in, not watch) in a few hours.

Just don't get all bugered up today Brad ... at your age, you may need to think twice about those "young men" games. Tape up Dude and wear the cup ... Ever thought about bowling? ... :D

Getting ready to leave shortly (after the cell charges) ... see you all after bit ...

Les

PS: Looking forward to "Ale Tasting" ...

lbexj said:
at your age,
"young men" games.
Hey, remember who you're talking to. I am a ...

Ouch, damn, just pulled a muscle typing that.

kid4lyf said:
You kidding? look at my avatar?

My eyesight is not very good Dude ... loks like a pic of you in the back of a limo ... without the girl of course :dunno:

Les

PS: Don't see no balls ... must be too small to see.

you guys have fun, i'll be in the process of clearing to get outta germany and BACK TO THE US, which means JEEPING!!!!!! WHOO HOO! Dont let the drunks fall through the floor and dont let the cops catch ya!

ladywolf said:
you guys have fun, i'll be in the process of clearing to get outta germany and BACK TO THE US, which means JEEPING!!!!!! WHOO HOO! Dont let the drunks fall through the floor and dont let the cops catch ya!

We always have "fun" Ladywolf ... we're nothin' but a bunch of hounds here in the MW ... inebriated hounds :D

Les

lbexj said:
We always have "fun" Ladywolf ... we're nothin' but a bunch of hounds here in the MW ... inebriated hounds :D

Les

well hell when i get back, mebbe yall will have to show me how yall in the MW have fun;)

ladywolf said:
well hell when i get back, mebbe yall will have to show me how yall in the MW have fun;)
Winterfest

kid4lyf said:
Winterfest

it is a possibility, depends on the new unit tho, and whether or not it falls over xmas etc. . . and i wont have the jeep till sometime in january:((

lbexj said:

Les

Speak for yourself! :nono:

ladywolf said:

Anytime young lady ...

Les

Back