• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

reson46 said:
I'm sure these are dumb questions, but I'm new to the area so I'll ask anyway. :huh:

Any fees associated with this? Forest service pass, etc.? Where is the camping? Any hookups?

Thanks,
Willy

There are NO fees associated. Its free to attend. No Forest Service Pass Required, but its always good to have them, just incase.

The camping part is still going to be figured out. Im thinking Long Meadow. Or possibly Kaner Flats Campground. There are no hookups for trailers(power, sewer, water). There are well hand pumps, toilet vaults, and dumpsters though.

You do need a forest pass if you're leaving a vehicle parked in camp all day. We had a ranger come by and ticket our tow rigs a couple years ago, we had the forest passes in our trail rigs. :mad:

It took several phone calls and vouching for our club by our resident ranger contact to clear it up.

Probably spend a night or two.
I need to exercise the brown jeep and show off with 2.8 liter of POWER

Might try to come, but I'd feel lame with just metric 33's, and open diff's. Maybe I'll have the wife drive all weekend and play it off like it's her Jeep ;)

Why do you feel lame about 33s and open diffs? You can run EVERY trail @ Naches with that set-up. You don't need the blingiest set-up to have fun.

You can't run EVERY trail with 33's and open diffs when there's still snow up there. Trust me, I've been there more then a few times.

As for the bling, it's an 11 year old base model Cherokee, I think "bling" is an oxymoron

You can run most of the main trails with 31"s and some driving skill when it's dry out. If there's snow or more likely mud on the trails, you'll want a locker in the rear at least.

fubar XJ said:
You can run most of the main trails with 31"s and some driving skill when it's dry out. If there's snow or more likely mud on the trails, you'll want a locker in the rear at least.

Dry is one thing. Wet, mud, snow makes it alittle more fun ;)

XJourney said:
You don't need the blingiest set-up to have fun.

Damn!!! all that money......and all those stickers......wasted!!!!! :gonnablow

icon10.gif

The vast majority of the trails in the area can be run with a stock XJ. There is very little that can not be run with an XJ on 33's open/open.

This event is more about the group dynamics than it is about what Jeeps could complete what trails ;)

I hope you decide to come along.
Michael

White1998XJ said:
You can't run EVERY trail with 33's and open diffs when there's still snow up there. Trust me, I've been there more then a few times.

As for the bling, it's an 11 year old base model Cherokee, I think "bling" is an oxymoron

Mine's 23 years old with 2.8 liters of POWER to pull 4.0's back to camp, open diffs and 32 inch tires. I have been in snow up to the door handles, mud over the hood, logs three inches into the rockers (dents to prove it) and it still goes.maybe a bit slower than some, but it goes. ya don't need to spend big bucks to have some good fun. And if you get hung up, let the guy with the $1500 winch or $25 dollar strap show off and pull you out. It's all part of the good time. Every rig that shows up started out as a stock vehicle One fella, I think Carl is his name, just adds skid plates and goes on all the trails. The more goodies you add means the more stuck you will get.

CoolCal said:
The more goodies you add means the more stuck you will get.
Something like that....

When the trails are dry, most can be done open/open. When we're going to be there for NWFest, it's going to be a whole different ball game. That being said, there will be trails for every skill level.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Something like that....

When the trails are dry, most can be done open/open. When we're going to be there for NWFest, it's going to be a whole different ball game. That being said, there will be trails for every skill level.

-----Matt-----

Thank you. Apparently people can't read when I said I've been up there more then a few times, in many different rigs and weather conditions.

By summer, the XJ will have lockers front and rear...Open diffs will make me have to learn how to drive again ;)

Hoping to be back by then. Time will tell

The wife baby and myself will show. I would like to fallow someone out there. I get lost eazily

Hmmmmm - That's really close to GI-Johns return. I will keep ya'll posted. He expects to home around that time - heck he might not want to "camp" per se - Ya know he's camping in the wilderness now, right? he's been real busy but, I am sure he'll want to see ya'll and inhale his first bowl of my Potato Soup. Of course, we'll bring squirt unless we can find a sitter.

uh - Can I say Duh? I skipped right past my own hubz posting from 3 days ago - losing my mind right now. Becca has a lil girlfriend over and their giggles are getting to me!

Back