• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

metal cloaks look like ***. :puke:

many other clean looking and not half assed fenders out there.

x2

Metal Cloak is for bro's and flatbillers.

I wish my keep had removable door and roof on days like today

Thanks for the idea Ryan!
camping_July-2012017.jpg

You have a pucker moment with some wildlife?

Ya while driving down the dirt rd leavein browns camp headed for hwy6 a Doe jumped out onto the road and stood there. Lik a "deer in the headlights"! lol I slamed on my brakes and slid directly at him. I only narrowly missed the little guy.

Ya while driving down the dirt rd leavein browns camp headed for hwy6 a Doe jumped out onto the road and stood there. Lik a "deer in the headlights"! lol I slamed on my brakes and slid directly at him. I only narrowly missed the little guy.

The little Doe is dead, seen it on our way out. Someone hit it and left it on the side.

Just sayin

Rhino's are just fat Unicorns......
(just sayin)

Come on now. a doe is not a HE........

Just heard they closed down all the trails at TSF (fire danger) ...usually happens every year at some point, just figured it wouldn't be this soon since we kind of had a late start to the hot weather.

Just heard they closed down all the trails at TSF (fire danger) ...usually happens every year at some point, just figured it wouldn't be this soon since we kind of had a late start to the hot weather.

The email I got from ODF says the trails are still open. I will post it up as soon as I get to a real computer.

The email I got from ODF says the trails are still open. I will post it up as soon as I get to a real computer.

Yea that's interesting,.... my boss went up Sunday, said he had a bad feeling as he was heading up the hill on Hwy6, when he saw rig after rig coming DOWN with CLEAN bikes on the trailers....he got up there and sure enough, everything was closed. Not sure if he had talked to a ranger/sheriff or the trails were just posted closed or blocked, or if it was a sign they had out. Either way, he and many others had to turn around and go home.

Yea that's interesting,.... my boss went up Sunday, said he had a bad feeling as he was heading up the hill on Hwy6, when he saw rig after rig coming DOWN with CLEAN bikes on the trailers....he got up there and sure enough, everything was closed. Not sure if he had talked to a ranger/sheriff or the trails were just posted closed or blocked, or if it was a sign they had out. Either way, he and many others had to turn around and go home.

This is what we got from Stephanie Beall

Hi Everyone,

Effective Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM the Tillamook State Forest will be under the Regulated Use restrictions for fire season. You will see bright orange signs posted at the forest entrances and on various information boards for the duration of the restricted use period.

Here’s what this means for the recreation public:

· NO SMOKING – except in designated campgrounds, developed recreation facilities, designated dispersed campsites or in the closed cab of your vehicle (doors on and windows rolled up).

· NO OPEN FIRES – no campfires or charcoal barbecues except at designated campgrounds or designated dispersed campsites at which ODF has installed metal fire grates. (Propane stoves and gas barbecues are OK.)

· NO NON-INDUSTRIAL USE OF CHAINSAWS – except as waived by the Forester.

· NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES OFF ROADS – Designated OHV trails in areas covered by the waiver for OHV use remain open for use during Level 2 industrial fire precautions (IFPL). Trails in areas covered by the waiver for OHV use close but the roads in the OHV areas remain open for riding during Level 3 industrial fire precautions. These areas include the Browns Camp Area, Lyda Camp Area, Jordan Creek Area, Diamond Mill Area, and Trask.

· NO FIREWORKS.

· NO WELDING, ARC/TORCH CUTTING OR GRINDING OF METAL.

· REQUIRED FOR ALL VEHICLES OPERATING IN THE WOODS (except dirt bikes and quads)

o 1 gallon of water or a 2.5 pound fire extinguisher

o 1 shovel with an 8 inch blade and at least 26 inches long from the tip of the blade to the tip of the handle

For more information:

· Designated dispersed campsites: http://cms.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/pages/dispersedcamping.aspx

· OHV trails and waiver map: http://cms.oregon.gov/odf/tillamookstateforest/pages/ohvtrailreport.aspx

· General information call 503-357-2191

Or, you can give me a call Sunday – Thursday and I’ll try to answer any questions you may have. Generally, these restrictions stay in effect into October – I will send out updates as information becomes available.

Just to clarify – the designated OHV trails in the Tillamook State Forest are still open for riding in the Browns Camp, Lyda Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, and Trask OHV areas. I’ll send out an e-mail if that changes.

Thanks for your help in keeping our forest lands safe from fires!

Stephanie A. Beall
Recreation Coordinator
Tillamook State Forest
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstateforest

Granted Sunday was the only day this weekend I wasn't up there but thing were open Friday and Saturday. Yes, there were regulations in effect but the trails were all open. I'm pretty sure ODF would've sent out an email if they closed the trails.

Perfect, that clarifies things up nicely.
I think he just misread whatever notifications that may have been posted or was misinformed by someone else up there.
Thanks for posting the update!!!

The reply i got from Jahmaal was.

Trails are not closed. Trails don’t get closed until fire level is at IFPL 3. We are at IFPL 1.

Back