• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No reverse AW4

Banebadboo

NAXJA Forum User
So I have an AW4 that was completely rebuilt, but wasn’t installed for a couple of years. I just recently installed it and I have no reverse, the engine changes pitch when placed in reverse but zero movement. I called that shop that rebuilt and they are going to cover it even though the warranty expired. It’s going to be a few weeks before they can get it in so I’ve been see if I can find the problem. It does work in all the other gears. I pulled the solenoids and they all ohm good, after putting in back together with new fluid there was no change. As I was looking around the web I noticed that my valve body oil tubes were not seated as much as all the photos and videos I found of them. My question is if the tubes are leaking because they are not completely seated would that have any effect on the reverse gear no working? If would not make any difference in the reverse gear I’m going to leave it for the shop but if there’s a chance that it would solve the problem then I will take the pan down again and seat the tubes.

I doubt the tubes are leaking, they have a fairly long engagement into the o-rings.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe solenoids don't have anything to do with reverese and if you have enough fluid pressure for forward you should be able to go in reverese.

So I have an AW4 that was completely rebuilt, but wasn’t installed for a couple of years. I just recently installed it and I have no reverse, the engine changes pitch when placed in reverse but zero movement. I called that shop that rebuilt and they are going to cover it even though the warranty expired. It’s going to be a few weeks before they can get it in so I’ve been see if I can find the problem. It does work in all the other gears. I pulled the solenoids and they all ohm good, after putting in back together with new fluid there was no change. As I was looking around the web I noticed that my valve body oil tubes were not seated as much as all the photos and videos I found of them. My question is if the tubes are leaking because they are not completely seated would that have any effect on the reverse gear no working? If would not make any difference in the reverse gear I’m going to leave it for the shop but if there’s a chance that it would solve the problem then I will take the pan down again and seat the tubes.mario games
I also suspect there is a leak from the tubes. Check your duct system again!

Back