• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more door latches for 96 xj in 2024?

4x4Phil

NAXJA Forum User
Heyo,

I have a 96 XJ manual door locks and my driver side door latch is broken, metal latch is broke. For the life of me, I cannot find a replacement on Ebay, amazon, parts geek, rock auto etc.

Anyone know if there is anyone that has these new? I checked my local pick a part and they didn't have any on their lot, maybe need to look at a few more places.

Or anyone know of any mods to take a 97 latch and loop to upgrade the latch and pin?

Jeep 55000767 Drivers Left Front Door Lock Actuator is the name of the part.
b477674db53fb819c7330a5bc6c295d6.jpg
4df68a8c8e50e525d88327884a912e7d.jpg

Are you sure the manual lock actuator is different from the power one? From what I can remember from the last time I was in one of the doors in my '92, I thought the power lock thing just added the solenoid thing, a linkage rod, and a bellcrank to actuate the same thing the manual rocker moved.

Given that, can you just use a power lock-based module, and simply omit the solenoid and associated linkage? Might be worth pulling one from a yard and comparing to yours, in case I'm remembering right...

Are you sure the manual lock actuator is different from the power one? From what I can remember from the last time I was in one of the doors in my '92, I thought the power lock thing just added the solenoid thing, a linkage rod, and a bellcrank to actuate the same thing the manual rocker moved.

Given that, can you just use a power lock-based module, and simply omit the solenoid and associated linkage? Might be worth pulling one from a yard and comparing to yours, in case I'm remembering right...
Hi Rob, i'll try that thanks!

Happy to help (assuming it does end up helping). Let us know how it turns out!

Back