• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

News story from NC

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-123008-al-jeep_stuck.1f8db373.html

Saw this story this morning. Looks like nobody was hurt but.... Just another example of why wheelers get a bad name.

Oh man! That sucks! What a DA!

I wonder if it has a D-44 in the rear?

(JK, the devil in me made me do it!)

But yeah, railroad tracks are no place to play around. Norfolk Southern will lock you up around here if they catch you on their right of ways. NS police have as much power as local cops as long as it is on their property. I have clearance with NS and still will not step onto their property unless i am in my work clothes and have tools in hand. I work on locomotives for NS and I doubt that the XJ shown so much as left a scratch on the loco that hit it.

Locomotive 1 Jeep 0

What a dumb thing to do. I'd say that will cost him a pretty penny!!!

Railroads can be tough if you impede the movement of goods and damage their equipment.

I'd say he will pay some pretty hefty fines for his mistake.

Dude should have known better.

i want to see more pics of it. then i want to knock him upside the head for him adding another strike against honesty wheelers.
luckly no one was hurt physically. but it will ruin their minds thinkin that they almost were killed.

How in the hell does a 4 wheel drive vehicle get stuck on the tracks?

Wow, that sucks. Shouldn't have been riding on railroad tracks.

Hey...I betcha he's a NAXJA member! He's just not willing to show his face now, wonder if he has any parts he wants to sell...:D

How in the hell does a 4 wheel drive vehicle get stuck on the tracks?

Happened to a guy with an X-Terra right behind my apartment during my Freshman year...although I think in his case his tires got cut up pretty good on the tracks, IIRC...and that was the reason he couldn't get off them in time.

Happened to a guy with an X-Terra right behind my apartment during my Freshman year...although I think in his case his tires got cut up pretty good on the tracks, IIRC...and that was the reason he couldn't get off them in time.

Another reason could be because it was an Xterra.

Back