• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ, looking for advice

Yes the rear, just making sure we are on the same page. Ok Ill do that, when I had it on the lift last time I could tell the whole vehicle was shaking in drive.

Bent axle shaft.

Just wanted to do an update for future searches. It was a bent axle shaft. I didn't really consider it since I hadn't done any wheeling. I think the extra weight and mass from the larger wheel/tire combo was enough to magnify the bend in the axle enough to make it shake. Looked like a tiny bend but replaced the rear driver axle and it went away, amazing.

Man, you've got some money parts in that build, but looks like everything you're doing is top notch. Great start to an expedition vehicle. I'd go on pirate4x4 and check out their expedition section if you need more ideas on what to add.

Glad you got that vibe sorted out as well. Little stuff like that is annoying as hell and it's always the last thing that you never thought would be wrong. Good thing we have really knowledgeable dudes like FrankZ around to help out :)

And be careful running that much winch line. One off-center pull will spool all the rope up on one side of the winch and bind up with the support bars. I did that with my metal cable and it started eating away at the support bars and the winch power cables behind it. Might be better to hack some of that line off and make it into an extension rope that you can keep inside the Jeep. Talk to Masterpull or Warn about doing that.

I read horror stories but hate to put 2k in a dana 44 with lockers in a jeep I paid 500 for. Are they really that big of a difference?

I was going to hassle you a little for that comment until I got to the part where you saw the light and dumped a bunch of awesome parts into it.

Just think, you are almost done now and have an extremely capable rig for half the price of a Stock new 4x4 - it's a no brainer.

Looks good!

Back