• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Trails.....

The nasty spot on Railbed was between the first exit and the real exits (right and left) near where the large rock used to be in the middle of the trail that forced you to go hard left near the large metal rail in the side of the hill.

I took a look at the flip flop trail (at the end of lower rock garden on the way to Killin time. It did not look finished, there were no visable tire tracks going out what I think was the exit.

Jim

I wonder if we could yank that thing up? I'm scared it's going to get one of my tires every time I go up that thing..... Or Sawzall it off flush. Not like a sawzall hasn't been used down there before..... ;) :roflmao: :wave1:

Glen the Metal is what I think gives the trail its name.... and its not a problem right now. The rigs being denied could not even get to the metal.

jim

Yea I know I'm just paranoid about that thing..... Last year the problem IIRC was the ledge right before the early exit..... And to think I went out the left exit a few years ago.... Still cannot wait to get up there on the 30th!

Yea I know I'm just paranoid about that thing..... Last year the problem IIRC was the ledge right before the early exit..... And to think I went out the left exit a few years ago.... Still cannot wait to get up there on the 30th!

Yeah the ledge before the first exit was a major PITA last year. The rock right at the first exit which had been a problem in years past was a non-issue, but all of Intermediate winched on that ledge and I believe it claimed a few in the Hard group.

Top left exit will take a beating if its muddy. We had a TJ Rubicon on 35 Krawlers go all the way up and take the top right exit. I dont even remember seeing the railroad iron this past trip.

Last edited:
Back