• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to posting: Howdy

Billygoat97

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. After months of saving I finally bought an XJ yesterday (!) and I thought it was about time I register as a user. I'll post some pics when I get them back but here's a description so far:

1997 Cherokee Sport
4.0 I-6
NV231
Auto tranny
Dana 30 front, 4.10 gears
Dana 44 rear 4.10 gears (Cherokee 44 swapped in by previous owner)
Black ext. Grey Int.
2" budget boost (Short AAL & Coil spacers - installed by previous owner)
30" Goodyear MT/R's
Full Factory skids

Plans for the AAL and spacers to hit the scrap heep this weekend, and then the real wrenching begins. My buddies can continue to make fun of my Tercel for now!

Hi Billygoat, welcome. I'm another westcoaster, where do you wheel? Ever come over to the island? Drop me a note if you do, you can join us on a mountain run. Good idea removing that shorty AAL by the way. Bad news.
See you round the boards,
Buck :canada:

Hi Buck, nicetameetcha. I'm actually on the island pretty often. My brother lives in Duncan.

I know I have to toss that stupid lift. I may keep the leaf and spacers for usage in the future, but I'm planning on rebuilding the packs and getting some longer front coils. I have a few things in the works as a result of my research on these boards. Some of the parts I have been collecting for a while, others are just dreams for now.

HP D44 front axle
Long arm front suspension
4.5" lift
HD SYE
Rear disc brakes
doetsch tech shocks
YJ brake lines
4.5" BS wheels
dual batteries
highoutput alternator
snorkel -for those island winter weekends!
cut fenders
better bumpers
rock rails
catback exhaust
headers - mine are cracked
TB spacer
etc, etc, etc.

Just started a new job with better pay and less hours. I'm freshly divorced with no kids and no drains on the bank account anymore. Nothing to spend money on but beer and jeeps! :D

Billygoat97 said:
Just started a new job with better pay and less hours. I'm freshly divorced with no kids and no drains on the bank account anymore. Nothing to spend money on but beer and jeeps! :D

Umm... Congradulations...? :laugh3:

Welcome to the boards, I just barely joined as well. If you want to see my Jeep, head on over to the Jeep Picture Showcase forum and look for the "The 2000 Silver XJ" post. I would link it... But, nahh...

Back